Sign in to follow this  

Advice Needed: How do you buy another dirt bike and sneek it under the wife radar?

I am wanting to get back to racing enduros in the 250A class. Looking to buy a used bike off craigs like '02 and newer 250 Two stroke...

So I am looking for some input on how NOT to catch a bunch of slack for buying another bike (I have nothing now) from the wife.

I have thought about going and buying a bike, tearing it down a little before I get it home to say "it needs motor work and bought it for cheap"..... just an idea.

How do you guys swindle a new bike?

Just tell her that you are buying a cheap used bike and that you're gonna keep it on a budget.

lie lie and lie some more...

tis the only way.

what she dont know wont piss her off and make her not give you any for 2 weeks.

Buy the bike, bring it home when the wife is not around. Stash it in the back of the garage. Carefully pile junk on top of it. Friday night announce Saturday will be garage cleaning day. Let her be the one the that uncovers it. You act amazed "Well! I thought I got rid of that long ago, I wonder f it will start....."

That or have the guys come over to play cards. Be sure at least one of them the wife does not know. At midnight, you wake the wife stumbling into bed, and announce you won a bike in the big game "from some guy, a frinds of Kevins brother, you know, the guy with the wacky hair..."

buy it and keep it at a friends house until you win her over to the owning a dirtbike way of life!

Just buy it and don't worry about what she thinks about it.

Then call her & tell her she'de better have dinner & a cold beer ready for you by the time you get home with it......

Obviously, I'm not married, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about.. lol... Man, I do feel for you though...

Maybe she'de be okay with it if you bought another bike for her at the same time.?.?.??

My wife would never notice one more bike. I'd put it in the garage and it would be months before she realized the number of bikes had increased.

Id Just buy it regardless of what the Mrs sais, its my hard earnt cash that would pay for it so id put my foot down and decide what I spend it on. or you could just sit her down and say that you need a to get fit and youd like another bike etc and think of the peace and quiet she would have on the weekends when your out biking lol

A guy I know has dirt bikes and off road vehicles, he just buys his wife puzzles. She is occupied by the puzzles and doesn't even notice any of the new toys he brings home.

Tell her with all the money you'll make from your winnings she will be able to shop more and by next year she will be able to quit her job.

haha , too funny !! dude just get it i bought my rmz 450 on stealth mode i found a great deal i could not pass !! at the time i had a cr 125 and a yz 250. i parked it on the other side of my utility trailer in the garage. placed a bunch of towels on top of it and it went unnoticed for a week lol. its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission !!!! life is too short man get it. i did sell the 125 later on, she was pissed for a few days then she was cool with it.

Just like the old saying goes...its much easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission.

Edit: You beat me to it!

This is the stuff you cover before you say "i do". We now have 14 and are expecting a trials bike soon.I do not understand why people get married and fight about things that make them happy.

Now that i think of it,the last three are hers,she is up a few on me !

its funny that out of 17 posts none say "you should only buy it if your wife says its ok because it wouldnt be good for the relationship" or something to that effect. Its ok though, im 16 now but i know i will be sneaking a few bikes home every now and then when im married.

saying you won the bike in a poker game seems like the best idea though

its funny that out of 17 posts none say "you should only buy it if your wife says its ok because it wouldnt be good for the relationship" or something to that effect. Its ok though, im 16 now but i know i will be sneaking a few bikes home every now and then when im married.

You gota step back and look at the place he is asking for advice, almost everyone here is going to be for buying a bike :thumbsup:

Just buy one:ride: