Stewart not Racing Outdoors

I just read on RacerX that James has been hinting on twitter that he may not be racing the MX series.

RacerX, "This race was a snapshot of what we’ve seen all year. Stewart stepping out to the lead, showing blazing speed in the whoops before going down twice in forty feet. Without the supercross crown and Stewart hinting on Twitter that he’s not doing the outdoors, it appears that we can judge Stewart’s season as a failure despite the five wins."

I just don't understand how he could not be fired up to do the outdoors after a disappointing SX finish. It would sure make for some amazing racing. Dungey, Poto, Stewie, CP, Grant, Alessi, and Short all outdoors would be as amazing as racing could get. One thing about it, if Stewart doesn't race outdoors I don't see how anyone can still be a fan of his. Its to big of a waste not to showcase that talent where the real racing is.

I just hope we see him on the gate later this month......

disappointing if he doesnt step to the gate, I'd love to see him and villo bust ass!

JS kinda reminds me of ochocinco. Extreme talent but trying to combine other interests with their full time pro sports career seems to be a bit distracting.

Fans of both btw.

Yeah, very odd. He is definitely fast, and the outdoor races are longer, allowing you to come back if you do make a mistake. (which he has proven that he does fairly often)

I know he's loaded, but with his speed, I'm suprised that he isn't racing outdoors. It would almost seem like easy money for him.

Is he burned out or something? I was looking forward to Stewart, Villapoto, Dungey, now Pourcel, and the rest for the outdoor season. Oh well.

Pure speculation, but I would bet yes. This SX season was supposed to be THE COMEBACK, and he crashed & burned hard. That's gotta take some of the fight out of anyone.

You would think it would add fuel to the fire, not take the fight out. If true, it is very dissapointing. As a race fan, I was looking forward to this.... Oh well, to each his own and it will be a great outdoor season anyway. On the bright side, he has more time to play "police man" with his buddy's.

Just have to say that IF he does not race outdoors, i will have no choice than to loose the small amount of respect i have left for him. Come on, his bitching last year about the MXDN team, then his laughable and embarrasing performance in an attempt to sway Decosters team choice. This was an epic failure that he tried to cover up by blaming it on his suspension. Hmm, seems he still has those same issues in sx. So, maybe it's not entirely the bike after all..... Then his little "coming clean" video before the start of the sx season. While entertaining, far from necessary and shows his arrogance imo. The arrest in Fla, and the rediculous amounts of time waisted by the broadcasting networks trying in vain to promote this guy. He is a completefailure if he does not race a FULL outdoor season after all of the hype surrounding this clown the last few years. Can ya tell i am sick of this guy. Granted he is fun to watch, and still has amazing bursts of speed. But if we can't watch him, what's the point. He's just another year older for sx2012, and not getting any faster. I really think this would be his last shot at a outdoor championship anyhow, before it's ovaaa.

You would think it would add fuel to the fire, not take the fight out.

Not if he really "gave it his all" this sx season. He's probably trying to save himself the embarrassment of another crash n' burn during the MX season, two in a row wouldn't do him much good with the sponsors. Most likely the plan is to practice hard the rest of the year for sx and "come out swinging" next year. His twitters PROMISE he will take that sx place next year, which is what he also said for this season.

This may be a business decision. I am not really sure of the true status of the San Manuel team. He could probably make money in appearance fees at selected events in the US and abroad and not subject himself to the risk of the outdoors. There is no money in the outdoors. Why not enhance his image and popularity. That would be some good long term thinking.

he's only got so much time left and needs to make it last. Obviously, he's been managing his career pretty darn good up to now. No... he hasn't won a title in a few years, but he's still doing better than 99% of the other riders.

on the pulpmx show they said if he wanted to do outdoors it would be on his own money. but just rumors back and forth hopefully he gets out there and gains some respect back. I think that if you take a season off at any time you risk atleast a little speed and confidence. if you are the only one not racing outdoors that would have to be a disadvantage for sx next january. the times are changing the field is stacked got get out there and learn these riders. well what ever who cares i guess. he cant handle the stress.

Why not enhance his image and popularity.

kinda hard to gain popularity when he crashed and burned for this year's sx season, and chickens out of the outdoor races.

No... he hasn't won a title in a few years, but he's still doing better than 99% of the other riders.

True, but the difference between him and the other racers is that he is EXPECTED to perform at a better level than he did. Not only that, but he is also CAPABLE of doing much better than he did this year, not something that can be said for most of the other racers on the track.

This may be a business decision. I am not really sure of the true status of the San Manuel team. He could probably make money in appearance fees at selected events in the US and abroad and not subject himself to the risk of the outdoors. There is no money in the outdoors. Why not enhance his image and popularity. That would be some good long term thinking.

he's only got so much time left and needs to make it last. Obviously, he's been managing his career pretty darn good up to now. No... he hasn't won a title in a few years, but he's still doing better than 99% of the other riders.

Exactly....... in my mind I think that is clearly economical. It is not cheap to race the whole season on your own money and not get the results you would like, but I think that racing the Outdoors series would get him more popularity because the Outdoor season will be live on FUEL tv ( as far as i am concerned) ..... and I hate people that whine ( tucker78 ) when they think JS7 complains because he isnt winning... he has lost before *hint hint 2005 AMA Outdoors season...* ?

I don't think he's not racing because he's afraid of getting beat. Whoever thinks that hasn't seen him outdoors. The racing between him and Villapoto in MX would be reminisent of the days with Carmichael. Outdoor talent like James, RV, Alessi, and Dungey have doesn't come around to often. I mean Dungey absolutely waxed the field last year in MX, imagine what its going to be like with 3-5 riders that will hang it out like that. I just want to see all the top guys battle it out. It is where the sport started after all and is a true testament to a champion, in my opinion.

Exactly....... in my mind I think that is clearly economical. It is not cheap to race the whole season on your own money and not get the results you would like, but I think that racing the Outdoors series would get him more popularity because the Outdoor season will be live on FUEL tv ( as far as i am concerned) ..... and I hate people that whine ( tucker78 ) when they think JS7 complains because he isnt winning... he has lost before *hint hint 2005 AMA Outdoors season...* ?

Whine, sorry there guy... Just stating facts. Sorry he broke your heart the last few seasons. Accept it.....:confused:

And for the record, i loved watching him race at Redbud before he lost his stones. Go EVERY year on the 4th weekend.

i think he'll be out there but....

if not...big mistake.....NO ONE will care about him anymore if he thinks he can just race

sx.....cuz he's not the destroyer he used to be......might as well be jlaw if he skips the

outdoors and thinks he'll come back for sx and be a force....

I got the impression he was not gonna run the outdoors during his post race interview this week. He mentioned "next year", not "this summer" or "the outdoors". He really looked defeated. He doesn't have much of poker face.

If he doesn't race outdoors I'm no longer a fan AT ALL. Used to I liked him better than Reed, now I like Reed better than Stewart but still have some respect left for Stewie and was cheering for him in SLC, but if he doesn't race outdoors I'm no longer a fan. Step up!

Think he'll lose any sleep over losing my "fanship?"