Stewart not Racing Outdoors

I think he's afraid of losing, again. He thinks of himself as the "fastest man on the planet" and he may be, but it didn't amount to anything this SC season and I don't think his ego can stand more abuse.

Contesting what? Yes tickets are handed out, not by the riders so they don't go BACK in their trailer.

Sorry, I'm not quite getting what you are saying here. Just read Bob Hannah's article about this exact same thing. Maybe you can let him know that he's also off base also.

You have it backwards....there are MILLIONS of fans but only a handful or so of guys that bring us millions out to the races.

This confirms my point. I'm not jealous, I love supercross and have been a fan since 1982, when I was 15 years old. I have been to many, and have raced some of the amateur days back when I was younger. But, they are where they are BECAUSE there are millions of fans, who pay to see them race and buy the products that endorse them.

They would still be fast without us, but they would not be rich and famous. They'd just be fast guys out at a local race, and have day jobs. Some appreciate who put them there, some feel that they are doing fans a favor.

That's the cool part about it, we can all like who we want to like.

I don't buy it , Glen Helen is 20 min. from Perris and GH is a real outdoors track , and PALA is 30 min from perris , why ride a smooth track to test for MX ?

Better yet, take the trip from SoCal up to NorCal and test on the Hangtown National track. It's only 6 hours north (1.5 hours via his private jet). It's open to the public and it's the first race of the Nationals..... What's it matter anyway if he's not riding the outdoors???

Better yet, take the trip from SoCal up to NorCal and test on the Hangtown National track. It's only 6 hours north (1.5 hours via his private jet). It's open to the public and it's the first race of the Nationals..... What's it matter anyway if he's not riding the outdoors???

I think this is pure speculation at this point. He's already stated in the past that he's going to run the first four nationals and I haven't read or heard anything contrary to that, at least not from a reliable source. He may not have a deal to run the entire series, and to do so on his own would (I assume) be prohibitively expensive, but that doesn't rule out him negotiating a deal in the near future. Let's hope he's racing outdoors - all season long!!!

I think this is pure speculation at this point. He's already stated in the past that he's going to run the first four nationals and I haven't read or heard anything contrary to that, at least not from a reliable source. He may not have a deal to run the entire series, and to do so on his own would (I assume) be prohibitively expensive, but that doesn't rule out him negotiating a deal in the near future. Let's hope he's racing outdoors - all season long!!!

You mean expensive like the way the real privateers do it? The guy that drives his motor home from national to national all on his own dime with help from his sponsors. That kind of expensive? I find it hard to believe that sponors like Answer, RedBull, Bell, NIKE, TAG etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.....don't want to help fund him chasing an outdoor title that they can then promote through sales of their products. Maybe his contract states that he can't travel without his entourage? Maybe he wouldn't be able to afford to have Sorbey spit shine his boots? Maybe his contract states he has to fly a private jet from race to race and not fly coach like the rest of us sheep and privateers do? Maybe he doesn't have the guts to take out a insurance policy the way Reed did in 2009?

Bottom line (well, a lot of us anyway), look forward to watching him compete and it is dissapointing not to see it.

what I find amazing is how he knows how to keep his fan's hanging on after what looks like will turn out to be a failed attempt to win the SX championship , I don't think he is going to race outdoors ( I hope Im wrong ) but getting Vital out to shoot a promo vid at perris and call it outdoors testing is pretty funny IMO

Nope, not talking expensive like the way real privateers do it. Expensive like in the way JS7 has grown accustomed to. I have no idea how his current contract reads, but I would think that it limits the amount of support one can receive from other interests, sponsors do protect themselves.

:excuseme:no I am a thumpertalk newbie - did google it.. all track are cool but..

To me watching the video, the track looks nothing like the rough tracks we ride by us. people crash in breaking bumps they get so bad:bonk:

exactly , if they are testing for outdoors at perris they are ?

Just have to say that IF he does not race outdoors, i will have no choice than to loose the small amount of respect i have left for him. Come on, his bitching last year about the MXDN team, then his laughable and embarrasing performance in an attempt to sway Decosters team choice. This was an epic failure that he tried to cover up by blaming it on his suspension. Hmm, seems he still has those same issues in sx. So, maybe it's not entirely the bike after all..... Then his little "coming clean" video before the start of the sx season. While entertaining, far from necessary and shows his arrogance imo. The arrest in Fla, and the rediculous amounts of time waisted by the broadcasting networks trying in vain to promote this guy. He is a completefailure if he does not race a FULL outdoor season after all of the hype surrounding this clown the last few years. Can ya tell i am sick of this guy. Granted he is fun to watch, and still has amazing bursts of speed. But if we can't watch him, what's the point. He's just another year older for sx2012, and not getting any faster. I really think this would be his last shot at a outdoor championship anyhow, before it's ovaaa.

well said:thumbsup:

Not shutting me up at all. Read my original post. I'm hoping James is going to run outdoors. This vid comes as great news to me. ?

I hope he is out there too , but that vid is not testing , when teams test they do a couple laps and change something or make adj. or they simulate a moto ( ride as hard as they can for 40 min. on a rough track ) and have a guy with a pit board giving the lap times , they just called in the camara's to put on a show IMO

Originally Posted by tucker78

Just have to say that IF he does not race outdoors, i will have no choice than to loose the small amount of respect i have left for him. Come on, his bitching last year about the MXDN team, then his laughable and embarrasing performance in an attempt to sway Decosters team choice. This was an epic failure that he tried to cover up by blaming it on his suspension. Hmm, seems he still has those same issues in sx. So, maybe it's not entirely the bike after all..... Then his little "coming clean" video before the start of the sx season. While entertaining, far from necessary and shows his arrogance imo. The arrest in Fla, and the rediculous amounts of time waisted by the broadcasting networks trying in vain to promote this guy. He is a completefailure if he does not race a FULL outdoor season after all of the hype surrounding this clown the last few years. Can ya tell i am sick of this guy. Granted he is fun to watch, and still has amazing bursts of speed. But if we can't watch him, what's the point. He's just another year older for sx2012, and not getting any faster. I really think this would be his last shot at a outdoor championship anyhow, before it's ovaaa.

well said:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:X4

Stewart needs to forget this NEXT YEAR crap. Get out and race while you still got your speed and health. Not too many "NEXT YEARS" left especially after this season's round of concussions. The competition ain't getting any slower these days either.

I don't see why everyone is bent out of shape about. Like te one guy said and what I heard also on the pulp show is that there are rumors he is doing the entire put door season and there are rumors he is not and it because of funding and it would be out of his pocket which I don't blame him of he does not want to pay out of pocket. So it sounds to me that it is really put of his control if he can't do it. If there is no money that is not his fault. I think it will suck of he is not there but what can you do.