Jetting for Rad Valve?

Have one coming in the mail to replace my current VF2. Would like to hear from Rad Valve owners about what it took to get the jetting in the ballpark.

Currently on the tmx with jd kit, one step leaner from stock on main, and pilot, blue needle 2nd clip. as 1 1/4. (have a pwk also, but Im so close with the mikuni, Id like to try getting it dialed.)

What type of rad valve? You shouldn't have to rejet if you ordered another Vforce.

I would swap the blue w/ the red, 2nd clip> keep the 32.5 pilot, and 390 main.

Boyesen. I'm switching over due to having to constantly seal up leaks with the vf cage. The smooth alum cage on the boyesen looks like a good mating surface. Hopefully I can get away without the sealant.

I assume you're getting a boyesen rad valve? Boyesen lists the jetting for the rad valve on their site in the tech center section. I got one and also have the jd jet kit, mine is set up for sea level per jd's instructions. I didn't have to make any changes when I added the rad valve b/c my jets were already in the recommended range listed on the boyesen's site and it runs well.

I would swap the blue w/ the red, 2nd clip> keep the 32.5 pilot, and 390 main.

I'll give that a try, thanks!:thumbsup:

I went from a VF3 to Boyesen and the JDjetting stayed the same, a nice light tan plug.

Boyesen does say to go one leaner on the jetting but I didn't have to.

Be sure to leak test if you use the Boyesen torque spec, I had a 1psi drop in 10 min. and it was on all four sides of the gasket so I used Honda's spec (2NM more).

I went from a VF3 to Boyesen and the JDjetting stayed the same, a nice light tan plug.

Boyesen does say to go one leaner on the jetting but I didn't have to.

Be sure to leak test if you use the Boyesen torque spec, I had a 1psi drop in 10 min. and it was on all four sides of the gasket so I used Honda's spec (2NM more).

Found the tech center, thanks Joe. I have to build another leak tester, the last one leaked from the gauge..good tip about torques.