Sign in to follow this  

2011 DR650..14T cs sprocket

Hey got a question for ya. I bought a 14T sprocket but when its installed it can slide back and forth on the shaft. (so i put the stock 15T back). is this normal?? my old rm250 never had a issue like this when i changed gearing. I hear people talk about a clip? or adding washers to fill the gap? how did you guys do it?

i know i'll have to grind down the original mounting plate to clear the chain with the 14t, but if i do that the rubber ring between the original 15t and the mounting plate wouldn't fit anymore(i guess it isnt used with the 14T?) any guidance would be a great help, thx

:thumbsup: I got mine from Pro cycle and it fit great, just had to grind down the plate and that was it. sure someone on here will be able to help.

( yea i also tossed my rubber o-ring )

Edited by smaas
added content

It's the mounting plate that keeps the sprocket located, other than needing to be a smaller diameter to clear the chain. The 15t will slide back and forth, too, until you fasten the plate.

+1 The sprocket will self center anyway. My 14t sprocket just uses a clip. Nothing actually attaches to the sprocket. No worries.

Ordered a 14t for my 05 from my local bike shop, nothing said about a clip. Where can you get this clip?

I have read about the retainer from Pro Cycle, but I thought MX Rob was talking about something else?

I have read about the retainer from Pro Cycle, but I thought MX Rob was talking about something else?

You can see the e-clip retainers in the two sprockets on the left. (Picture from Jesse's web site)

DR650CounterSprockets.JPG

Awesome. I think we sell those at the farm & home I work at. Thanks.:thumbsup: