Flexx Bars and Steering Stabilizers

Hey everyone,

I race an 09 CRF450R in motocross and Grand Prixs. I like my bike for the most part, but i plan to put a scotts stabilizer on it soon. (I run one on my KTM for desert) Since my bike is stock right now i willl need new bars when I install the Scotts. What I am wondering is are the Fasst Flexx bars worth the money? Do they really help with absorbing bumps/vibration and help reduce arm pump? Also will the flexx bars work with the standard scotts stabilizer?

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about them but I like my Tag Metals bars on my CR500R and just got some Vibronators for them on therecommendation from Chuck Sun. My CR500 with the bars alone are pretty awesome in my opinion. Looking forward to trying the Vibronators.

Joe

I've used Flexx bars for the past 4 years and won't use any other bar on my bikes. They do takes some getting used to, but if you have wrist issues they are the only way to go. I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that causes my right hand to go numb. The Flexx bars completely solved that problem. I tried everything under the sun, from vibration inserts to supposedly vibration resistant bars and nothing worked. The Flexx bars are the only thing I've found that works.

I would say, if you have issues with vibration or numbness, they are great. Otherwise, probably overkill.

What is hard to get used to with them just wondering?

What is hard to get used to with them just wondering?

It's not hard, just different. You can feel them move when you land from jumps, not something you normally feel in a handlebar. On bigger jumps it feels like they move 1/2", reality is they aren't but it can sure feel that way when you first use them. They do flexx and you can feel it at first. After a while though, you forget and don't notice it at all.

Ok, my opinion on the fasst bars is going to go "against the grain".

Firstly, if you have poor wrists, then of course I would endorse them.

My beef with them is on 2 fronts:

1. The WEIGH A TON !! Adding weight that high up on a bike is noticeable. They are not lightweight aluminum construction.

2. The PRICE ... not really that impressive for how much you pay. There is hardly any breakthrough engineering on design that warrant such a steep price tag.

I ran a set of Fasst Flexx bars for a year, and switched back to normal OS bars.

YES they do have their "place" and are good for some people (bad wrists .. no brainer .. they are very good) .... but for me, I would not buy another set. PS ... I still had ARM pump with the Flexx bars .. maybe slightly less, but not dramatic.

Ok, my opinion on the fasst bars is going to go "against the grain".

Firstly, if you have poor wrists, then of course I would endorse them.

My beef with them is on 2 fronts:

1. The WEIGH A TON !! Adding weight that high up on a bike is noticeable. They are not lightweight aluminum construction.

2. The PRICE ... not really that impressive for how much you pay. There is hardly any breakthrough engineering on design that warrant such a steep price tag.

I ran a set of Fasst Flexx bars for a year, and switched back to normal OS bars.

YES they do have their "place" and are good for some people (bad wrists .. no brainer .. they are very good) .... but for me, I would not buy another set. PS ... I still had ARM pump with the Flexx bars .. maybe slightly less, but not dramatic.

I would agree with your opinion. If not for the pinched nerve in my elbow that causes my hand to go numb, I probably wouldn't be running them. They are the only thing I have found that helps with my issue though and that's why I will alway's run them on my bikes.

If you have issues with your wrists or numbness, they are godsend. Otherwise, probably overkill.

I've used Flexx bars for the past 4 years and won't use any other bar on my bikes. They do takes some getting used to, but if you have wrist issues they are the only way to go. I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that causes my right hand to go numb. The Flexx bars completely solved that problem. I tried everything under the sun, from vibration inserts to supposedly vibration resistant bars and nothing worked. The Flexx bars are the only thing I've found that works.

I would say, if you have issues with vibration or numbness, they are great. Otherwise, probably overkill.

What vibration inserts have you tried ?