RM 125 Clutch issues

well, i went for a ride the other day. 30 mins out clutch starts slipping. LIKE CRAZY. 3rd gear powerband doing 15mph. road it home on the highway. 6th gear boggin. i took the makeshift bicycle clutch lever i had on off, and got a real clutch lever/perch assembly. the slipping issue was resolved.

i also cleaned my plates before the slipping with diesel and put in 750ml of spectro golden gear 85wt gear lube. this was done before the slip. the clutch basket looked newish. it had small grooves. little little bumps.

the bike was great for a week. road the local track all day. went through 3gals of gas. now i went putting around today and the clutch is grabing bad. bike wont idle in gear. when i put the bike in gear with the clutch all the way in, it wants to go. so i road home. ripped the road a little with my nabor. did about 70 because my gearing is dumb and for top end. 11/49.

when i parked my bike. it was in first, and idling fine with the clutch pulled in. im not sure what to make of it. i let the bike warm up for a good 3 mins before putting around in the field for another 5.

im not sure what to do. im thinking of selling it. it needs a fork shifter and i dont want to dump $400 into it to get it fixed. any thoughts? :thumbsup:

the clutch plates heated up and burned the steel drive plates, causing them to warp. Replace the clutch and it should be good as new. You can check the plate specs to see what went bad.Get a clutch kit from rocky mountain atv for under $60.

+1 get a Tusk clutch kit for $45 buck at RMATV and while your in there take a file and hit those groves in the basket. It will buy you time until you basket gets so groved up that it will act up and do this same thing. Then put a wiseco or a hinson basket in it.

great info, thanks guys

umm....check eric gorr's guide...I had an issue with aftermarket friction plates not fitting properly, so beware

this was the barnett friction plates:

IMG_5299.jpg

and these are the OEM friction plates:

IMG_5298.jpg

fit a little better, eh?

the tabs on the friction plates were too narrow

I swapped the above pictured OEM plates into the stock basket and into a new hinson clutch basket, and the OEM plates fit both baskets like a glove

umm....check eric gorr's guide...I had an issue with aftermarket friction plates not fitting properly, so beware

this was the barnett friction plates:

IMG_5299.jpg

and these are the OEM friction plates:

IMG_5298.jpg

fit a little better, eh?

these are two different baskets, which is the stock basket and which is the after market? Your basket might have been the issue not the plates?

Edit: never mind I read your response to Wiseco