Advice/Used KLX140

My son has outgrown his KLX 110. He absolutely wants to stay with Kawi, so we are looking at KLX140's. He sat on some new ones (small wheel) and the fit is good.

Anyway, I have a chance to buy a used '08 KLX140. Any major changes since '08 other than graphics? I have read about the loud squeal/noise that comes up on some bikes (trans/clutch?). Is it more common in certain years? That is the one issue which has me nervous about buying a KLX140. Anything else I need to look out for? His KLX110 has been bulletproof.

Thanks!

Squeal is not a problem just annoying and only a few bikes have had it. I have never heard of anyone having a failure because of it.

We had Engines Only build us a 160 motor for ours and we have just beat on it and have never had a problem.

Is there a way to check for this before purchasing the bike? I understand that it only does it when the bike is warmed up. Here is a video I found. Maybe the video represents a different problem.

Are the 2011 bikes essentially the same as the 2008 models?

I have one of the first 08' klx140L bikes and we have had no issues with it mechanically. It has been a bullet proof bike for us.

I would recommend the "L" model as your son will find it easier to ride over time. The larger tire diameter makes it a lot easier to roll over obsticles.

I have one of the first 08' klx140L bikes and we have had no issues with it mechanically. It has been a bullet proof bike for us.

I would recommend the "L" model as your son will find it easier to ride over time. The larger tire diameter makes it a lot easier to roll over obsticles.

Thanks.