Dirty Foot Adventures trail ride

here is a little practice run at my local spot, Dirty Foot Adventures. I just got a gopro and have been experimenting with different mounts. Opinions wanted on the fender mount option. I really dont like it on top the helmet. i think ill try a chin mount next.

http://blip.tv/file/5101305

Its a cool new POV! but for people who like wheelies well maybe not a good place to put the camera :thumbsup:

not bad.. i would have thought the video would be more shaky mounted on the fender. i dont really like this mounting option for the complete video but it would be kinda cool if it was edited in and mixed with a couple more angles, such as helmet and maybe rear view.

Edited by infamy
not bad.. i would have though the video would be more shaky mounted on the fender. i dont really like this mounting option for the complete video but it would be kinda cool if it was edited in and mixed with a couple more angles, such as helmet and maybe rear view.

+1

Still cool, thanks for sharing.

How did you mount it?

I like the POV. My helmet cam can be mounted pretty much anywhere and the next places I'm gonna try are the front fender and then the fork tubes.

+1

Still cool, thanks for sharing.

How did you mount it?

i just used one of the flat adhesive mounts it came with.

Are you riding in the race on the 14th/15th?

Edited by DerHossMeister
Wrong dates
Are you riding in the race on the 15th/16th?

more than likely yes

Very cool! I was going to, but the wife informed me that was the date my oldest is taking his first communion at church.....guess it'll have to be next season for me.

As for the video, it's amazing how the camera makes the trail look so much smoother than it really is. The palmetto fields in the last half of the clip are pretty rough in some areas.

Very cool! I was going to, but the wife informed me that was the date my oldest is taking his first communion at church.....guess it'll have to be next season for me.

As for the video, it's amazing how the camera makes the trail look so much smoother than it really is. The palmetto fields in the last half of the clip are pretty rough in some areas.

it really does make the trail look smoother. the footage i have from gatorback looks like im floating over the trail when in reality there are 5 foot deep whoops below me. the palmettos are actually worse in the beginning of the video. they get pretty choppy at the end though.

Yeah, in the beginning when your dodging in and out of the trees and following the fence up, there are some pretty rough patches of palmetto roots. I almost thought you were riding different sections from what I ride since it looked so smooth, but quickly realized it was the same stuff. It really is wierd how smooth the camera makes it look.