Radiator hose damage

I have an 05 and notices my silicon hose near the exhaust pipe has cracks in it. It doesn't touch the pipe. Is this common or is there something I need to fix?

How close is it to the pipe? By loosening the hose clamps and twisting the hoses a little you can get more clearance. I'd replace the hose if damaged myself.

It looks like it has about 1" clearance. i'll try,but it looks like it is twisted for max clearance. There is some gook on the pipe... maybe I will try removing that and gain another 1/16"

I think 1" is more than enough. I think fmf suggest 1/4 inch min., but I like 1/2 or so.

It must have just been too close some time before I bought it.

Nothing $35 cant fix. Thanks

Actually, I looked more closely and it has much less clearance. (1/4" is more like it)

There is no way to twist the hose to help... the pipe sits much lower than where the bend in the hose it... much closer to the lower fitting. I tried changing the angle of the header but it wouldn't line up with the exhaust.

Actually, I looked more closely and it has much less clearance. (1/4" is more like it)

There is no way to twist the hose to help... the pipe sits much lower than where the bend in the hose it... much closer to the lower fitting. I tried changing the angle of the header but it wouldn't line up with the exhaust.

Maybe heat tape would help on the header pipe.

if you have factory hoses on a 2005 and haven't changed them yet! i think its about time you save up and do some major maintenance on your bike.

Ive got the standard hoses in a box, It currently has the blinged out red silicone.