stonyford head on

California

who got in a head on at stony ford on Saturday around trail 15, i heard they got a broken arm and had to be trucked out:bonk: are they ok ?????

just sucks to hear that

Yikes not good at all. Musta been on the transfer sections....?

That trail really needs a manicure...last time I rode it there were a lot of branches that keep you from being able to look far enough ahead to avoid a head on. A liitle maintenance would go a long way in making it a more enjoyable trail. Next time I go camp there I'm bringing a saw and some hedge trimmers!!

That trail really needs a manicure...last time I rode it there were a lot of branches that keep you from being able to look far enough ahead to avoid a head on. A liitle maintenance would go a long way in making it a more enjoyable trail. Next time I go camp there I'm bringing a saw and some hedge trimmers!!

I just rode that system all weekend and did not hear or see anything about a head on. I even spoke to the Ranger Matt all three days I was there and he said it was a good injury free weekend. I left Sunday afternoon about 5pm.

If someone was in a head on I really hope they are OK.

I was thinking trail 15 was under snow? Guess I gotta look at the map again.

I just rode that system all weekend and did not hear or see anything about a head on. I even spoke to the Ranger Matt all three days I was there and he said it was a good injury free weekend. I left Sunday afternoon about 5pm.

Rock come to MC this weekend. :thumbsup:

as you know i do alot of tree removal at upper lake and stony but not much brush, it takes so long to remove brush, to do it you need an expensive gas powered commercial grad trimer the cheep ones break , i played around with the idea of getting a TT work party to gether with lunch or my famous open fire chezz burgers or carneitas cooking. but most of my work party's don't turn out, Dave woods is the only one i know that has success at putting on work partyes but he wont go to upper lake or stony, and as the forest service doing any thing:lol::confused::lol::thumbsup: good luck mat just checks green stickers and rehabs campgrounds and illegal ridding areas, and talking to mike the head of upper lake OHV said they just lost access to the Chamberlain creek jail birds for brushing trails. so its pretty much up to volunteer's like us to get stuff done.

you dont want to report injuerys or head ons to the rangers cuz it can go on your dmv as an accident and as with me as a comercial driver it could cost me a job, iv seen the CHP go to the ER and fill out and accident report and end op on their DMV record, it bad news, i always tell them i crashed on my bicycle in my yard. and if you go to DR bowen your going to get and ass chewing and no pain meds! he hates motorcycles big time

as you know i do alot of tree removal at upper lake and stony but not much brush, it takes so long to remove brush, to do it you need an expensive gas powered commercial grad trimer the cheep ones break , i played around with the idea of getting a TT work party to gether with lunch or my famous open fire chezz burgers or carneitas cooking. but most of my work party's don't turn out, Dave woods is the only one i know that has success at putting on work partyes but he wont go to upper lake or stony, and as the forest service doing any thing:lol::confused::lol::thumbsup: good luck mat just checks green stickers and rehabs campgrounds and illegal ridding areas, and talking to mike the head of upper lake OHV said they just lost access to the Chamberlain creek jail birds for brushing trails. so its pretty much up to volunteer's like us to get stuff done.

If you do put something together let me know... I will show up! Stoney is my primary riding area and for all the years I've been riding there, I've never done any trail maintenance. I don't mind giving a lttle back for all that I have taken! I'll post up next time I camp up there and see if I can find some volunteers to do a little trimming with me. I would think that a few guys and a few hours could put a good dent in a few of the more overgrown trails like 15. It would be a start anyway.

Ya that was a bad head on! Cant believe what that front wheel did to the bike. It even bent the foot peg. As for the guy (Randy) we trucked him down the hill and took him to a hosp in willows, and then to chico were they did surgery on his arm witch both bones were broken. Hes a tuff dude though and if you knew half his story youd send him a 50dollar bill to help with the bills. Way to end a 5 day trip to stony. Wed-fri seamed fine sat and sunday are just not for me. to many people!

Head ons.... man I think about those every time I'm riding point on 20 or 22..

Getting a decent turn out for trail maintenance is alot of hard work. You must promote it HERE often. It must be on this first page. Getting a number of different groups involved also helps, but the greatest exposure is right here. The INTERNET is a wonderful place. :thumbsup:

TT is the largest Internet Bulletin Board & California is the largest regional Forum within TT. You want a big turn out, look no farther.

Stonyford is a big draw. Anyone who has ridden that spot knows. Getting folks to turn out would be a win-win-win situation! Both for them, us, & for Stonyford.

Add Food. Special Cheeseburgers, and an afternoon ride, and you will surpass your greatest expectations. Heck, I'll bet even Mr. DW would show up. Promise to take some movies and even I would show up. :confused:

I was in the group that had the head on. My friend Randy ended up with a broken arm and a fracture in a bone in his foot. You can see where the other guy hit on his left side of the motorcycle and the front tire continued down the the side. I believe it was trail 15. He just started up the trail from the intersection and the other guy came around the corner pretty fast to hit him. What surprised our group was the fact that the other guy didn't even go over to see if Randy was ok. he just brushed off and took off after he collected himself. We were more concerned about the injury at the time. That was messed up. No consideration.

We were at the Willows hospital for 4 hours and they ended up sending us over to Chico. If anyone ever has a injury go straight to Chico. The 4 hours was a waste of time in Willows.

We were up there all week last week and never saw or heard about anyone getting hurt. During the week was awesome but Saturday was a total ZOO!

Hope the dude is okay!

dam that sucks, it was a zoo every were for dirt riding, and week ends at stony is even worse, i had a head on at upper lake a few years back the other guy didn't get a scratch but after the shock wore off i had broken my hand in 8 Pisces and almost cut off my finger and was unemployed with no health insurance, its amazing how fast they wanted to do surgery till i told them i was poor, they put on a cast and I'm good as new.

If you do put something together let me know... I will show up! Stoney is my primary riding area and for all the years I've been riding there, I've never done any trail maintenance. I don't mind giving a lttle back for all that I have taken! I'll post up next time I camp up there and see if I can find some volunteers to do a little trimming with me. I would think that a few guys and a few hours could put a good dent in a few of the more overgrown trails like 15. It would be a start anyway.

i started back to work (logging) so im running out of time but if i do put something together I'm looking at the big ridge and Young's coral trails, the connectors between upper lake and stony.. but I'm also getting calls to clear the stuff in the Sierras as the snow melts.. doing trail work with guys you just met can be fun and the rewards when your done is great,and when you ride the trail and see the work,

OK, just give me shout and I'll lend a hand. I don't ride those trails too often, but I don't mind. My personal agenda would be the teens, the thirties, and 6.

Randy will be fine. He goes in tomorrow for surgery. They have to pin and plate his bones so they heal properly. When we were at the hospital the othorpediac surgeon asked if he has had any other surgeries and he said yes. He is a amputee just past the knee. He has a prosthetic lower leg and foot and can out ride me. He is also a roofer by trade for the last 26yrs. A good example on how not to let life's inconveniences slow you down. He is just now out of work with no insurance to help with the bills. He said he will be back with us next year. This time we will ride from Monday- Friday.

I can't help but think that this accident may have happened as a result of the closure of so many of our riding area's.... funneling more and more people head on into each other at the few remaining parks we can still ride. I fear we are just going to see more and more of these type of accidents as our riding areas diminish. :thumbsup: