rad valve or v force

honestly man, everyones gonna give you a different opinion on this topic, some people swear by the rad valve some peolpe swear by the vforce 3's, basically from what i've gathered between the 2 cages is that both offer power gains, just the rad valve delivers a tad more, but ive also heard that the rad valve is more sensative to jetting, where as the vforce is more of a straight bolt on and forget about it. the fit of the rad valve is second to none, where as the vforce cage has been known to leak air, imo i don't think you can go wrong with either, i my self run vforce becasue i like the fact that i didn't even have to change my jetting, i also gained throttle response, and power in the low to mid range, and have had no leaks with it. on the other hand i would love to try a boyesen rad valve as well just to compare. btw my bike is a 05 cr250

this will be my next mod so im looking forward to hearing some first hand experiences....ive never tried either but ive heard for 125s and 85s the v force is better and for 250s and 500s the rad valve is better

ok let throughout a couple more question. Some say the v force may leak without doing a leakdown test what symptoms will the motor display if it had a leak?

i have used both in the past, just don't know what to go with on that bike just got it a few weeks ago. It has a pro circuit pipe and a 296 spark arrestor.

Is this a repackable silencer and would i get more power out of a 304.

i had a 2001 cr250 a while back and the power is not as broad on the 2000 as it was on the 2001 and just wanted to get it to run kinda like the 01 did

Thanks everyone.

I have had both and neither is worth the money. Boyesen has repl reeds to enhance low end, match stock, or enhance top end. Pick what you want and save a lot of money. No aftermarket product has ever beat Hondas stock reed block or expansion chamber for overall use.

I have all three. (I bought the bike used with a rad valve that needed replacement petals). I bought the vforce3 setup because I had read it was good and I couldn't find replacement petals for the rad valve. I bought the stock reed cage off of ebay recently just in case I didn't like the vforce or the rad valve. Right now I am running the rad valve, I guess I could throw the vforce setup back on to see what it does. the reed petals on the stock setup need to be flipped so that they lay flat but are not chipped or broken. Maybe I will test all 3. the problem is, I really don't like tinkering with my bikes once they get running right so I probably won't ?

From what I've read off of Eric Gorr 2 stroke tuning book, the Rad valve,w/ 2 petal configuration is better for offroad, while the VForce 3, with 8 petals is better for motorcross or GNCC.

I haven't tried the vforce 3, but that is spot on for the rad valve. It certainly helped the low end on my bike along w/ the boyesen exhaust flange it's much easier to handle in tight areas.

I haven't tried the vforce 3, but that is spot on for the rad valve. It certainly helped the low end on my bike along w/ the boyesen exhaust flange it's much easier to handle in tight areas.
Very accurate assesment. But I feel the same thing could be accomplished with the Boyesen torque reeds in the stock reed block, and have a lot of extra money in your pocket. That flange deal does work well.

Very accurate assesment. But I feel the same thing could be accomplished with the Boyesen torque reeds in the stock reed block, and have a lot of extra money in your pocket. That flange deal does work well.

X2... I still have my vf2 cage I bought back in 03 for that year model, but if I was to do it over again I'd go that route replacing the stock reeds with carbon fibre reeds on the oem cage after they wore out. I also tried the Boyesen Radvalve & a vf cage on an 01 model I owned & couldn't justify the $ vs. the performance gains. I ended up returning the Radvalve & got a refund from Boyesen. On the 05-07 CR250's they came with carbon fibre reeds on the oem cage from the factory. I think Honda new by just replacing the reeds with the carbon fibre ones on the stock cage would result in better gains. I didn't see enough performance gains to warrant the $130 I spent on the vf2 back then. Just my $.02

I put the Vforce 3 on my 97 with a gnarly and a turbine core 2. It was the only thing i changed when i installed it and i noticed a definite increase in throttle response in the low to mid. The only thing i dident like was that i had to carve up the intake boot to install it (cut off the protrusions into the stock reed cage). Sealed fine. i would by another for my 02 and soon will.