Sign in to follow this  

DIY mods for husky 510

i just picked up a bone stock 07 sm510. its going to be fun starting from scratch with this bike but im having trouble finding the info i need.

i know there are write ups on how to to certain things and im hopeful someone can link me.

-how to mod stock exhuast(derestrict/gut)

-delete emissions crap correctly

-proper jetting for arrow slip on and modded exhaust

i would also like to find a case saver,shark fin and shift lever.

i found some of my old links and they helped with me with most issues.

most sites dont list a full system for a 06-07 sm510. who carries a large selection thats priced decent?

awsome,i created a cart and im ready to order.

i cant find a full system or slip on. arrow no longer makes a slip on and LEO only makes a dual systemI i want a single)

im stuck now,crap.

as for the basic mods,this new bike is 100% stock. so will i need to remove the throttle stop and AP piece? does the 510 require the same process as the 250 shown by coffee?

awsome,i created a cart and im ready to order.

i cant find a full system or slip on. arrow no longer makes a slip on and LEO only makes a dual systemI i want a single)

im stuck now,crap.

as for the basic mods,this new bike is 100% stock. so will i need to remove the throttle stop and AP piece? does the 510 require the same process as the 250 shown by coffee?

Yes, also this might give you some leads.

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=FE11D727959B4C2AA7906490B9DED4BD

im having some decent luck but im stuck at levers,pegs,shift lever.

hammer head appears to make a tip i can use on the stock shift lever,can anyone confirm this?

ASV lists levers but im not sure which ones to order.

and for pegs,who makes a little wider peg?

still trying to find a slip-on exhaust. im having shit luck,everyone is either no longer making a slip on or is a dual can(which i dont want)

Contact Paul Lima at GP Cycles in San Diego and ask him. He ran the Husqvarna Super Motard Team for several years until 08 and has a wealth of knowledge on your bike. His number is 619-233-4762. They are open Tue-Sat.:thumbsup:

still trying to find a slip-on exhaust. im having shit luck,everyone is either no longer making a slip on or is a dual can(which i dont want)

Did you call Paul? Was he able to help?

George (Uptite Racing) makes a slip-on I'm nearly certain. Also has levers...just picked up a batch with him Friday...Red or Black

1 714 540-2920.

thanks for all the help guys,between uptite,dan @ motox(i live in vacaville) and the other suggestions i have my levers,exhaust and about 2300$ parts coming in this week.

im having some decent luck but im stuck at levers,pegs,shift lever.

hammer head appears to make a tip i can use on the stock shift lever,can anyone confirm this?

ASV lists levers but im not sure which ones to order.

and for pegs,who makes a little wider peg?

Levers: you need to order the CRG brake lever that fits a Ducati 996 2000-2002. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K7HCG8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1LKON3BQ3L8YD