'04-05 KX125 for tall guy?

Thinking about building a hybrid, but wondering about getting it set up for my 6'4" height. I had to go with tall bars and Rox risers (basically moving the bars 90% forward) to get comfortable and balanced on my '02 YZ250. I have read some comments that even though the YZ125 has better suspension out of the box, the KX is a narrower, more flickable chassis.

Somewhere I read about differences in ergonomics, and an "opened up" versus "cramped" feel between various years. Can't find the threads now. I'm thinking '04-05 frame would be best, based on what I've read. Any comments on getting that set up for someone my size? I assume that springs and valving can be dialed in just the same as any other bike.

the 99-02 was a small bike, i prefer smallish bike, i love my 01 hybrid, i am 6ft avg build. 03 on up only got smaller. i would ride one before you spend the money, big guys like you might complain about the cockpit. not that it cant be opened, i run my bars 10mm forward and a highish bend.

they are small, I'm 5'9" and I like the size of them, you wont

i'm 6'2", 180 lbs and do fine on my 05' 125... I love the bike even though it is starting to have a few problems

f5fd05c2.jpg

im 6'2 an wouldnt trade mine for anything.i love this bike an can see me sticking alot of money into it.im already looking into a 134 or 144 big bore for it.

Kawie

I have a 99 and agree with i am sean, it's little and that is why I like it. I am 5 11, so long legs and I don't feel constricted on the bike at all. Although I bought this little bike to ride on my little track with my six year old. I would ride a few first. Good luck.

I have a 99 and agree with i am sean, it's little and that is why I like it. I am 5 11, so long legs and I don't feel constricted on the bike at all. Although I bought this little bike to ride on my little track with my six year old. I would ride a few first. Good luck.

nice to dig up an ols thread.

its funny, i let my friend borrow my helemt cam to record me, i watch my self and i look like a dam gorilla on a kids tricylce. my kdx fits me better, but its feels... well like a kdx.

nice to dig up an ols thread.

its funny, i let my friend borrow my helemt cam to record me, i watch my self and i look like a dam gorilla on a kids tricylce. my kdx fits me better, but its feels... well like a kdx.

HA, my buddy has a KDX 200, great bike, but I know what you mean. Fact is I ride my 125 more than my 250. Granted it's newer better suspension etc., but when we go up north it is a great bike to ride for a long day. Light and agile, KDX pulls ahead a bit on the straights, but the 125 held it's own all day.