Sign in to follow this  

'04-05 KX125 for tall guy?

Thinking about building a hybrid, but wondering about getting it set up for my 6'4" height. I had to go with tall bars and Rox risers (basically moving the bars 90% forward) to get comfortable and balanced on my '02 YZ250. I have read some comments that even though the YZ125 has better suspension out of the box, the KX is a narrower, more flickable chassis.

Somewhere I read about differences in ergonomics, and an "opened up" versus "cramped" feel between various years. Can't find the threads now. I'm thinking '04-05 frame would be best, based on what I've read. Any comments on getting that set up for someone my size? I assume that springs and valving can be dialed in just the same as any other bike.

the 99-02 was a small bike, i prefer smallish bike, i love my 01 hybrid, i am 6ft avg build. 03 on up only got smaller. i would ride one before you spend the money, big guys like you might complain about the cockpit. not that it cant be opened, i run my bars 10mm forward and a highish bend.

they are small, I'm 5'9" and I like the size of them, you wont

im 6'2 an wouldnt trade mine for anything.i love this bike an can see me sticking alot of money into it.im already looking into a 134 or 144 big bore for it.

Kawie

I have a 99 and agree with i am sean, it's little and that is why I like it. I am 5 11, so long legs and I don't feel constricted on the bike at all. Although I bought this little bike to ride on my little track with my six year old. I would ride a few first. Good luck.

I have a 99 and agree with i am sean, it's little and that is why I like it. I am 5 11, so long legs and I don't feel constricted on the bike at all. Although I bought this little bike to ride on my little track with my six year old. I would ride a few first. Good luck.

nice to dig up an ols thread.

its funny, i let my friend borrow my helemt cam to record me, i watch my self and i look like a dam gorilla on a kids tricylce. my kdx fits me better, but its feels... well like a kdx.

nice to dig up an ols thread.

its funny, i let my friend borrow my helemt cam to record me, i watch my self and i look like a dam gorilla on a kids tricylce. my kdx fits me better, but its feels... well like a kdx.

HA, my buddy has a KDX 200, great bike, but I know what you mean. Fact is I ride my 125 more than my 250. Granted it's newer better suspension etc., but when we go up north it is a great bike to ride for a long day. Light and agile, KDX pulls ahead a bit on the straights, but the 125 held it's own all day.