ultimatemxhauler rack for drz 400s

i know there are endless threads about all different racks, but has anyone used an ultimatemxhauler with their drz? i got a smaller tacoma/4runner type rig with a class 3 hitch and tried an mxhauler on it for a few miles....semed a little shakey and really weighed the back end down....any suggestions to make that thing a little more secure? have to put a 1200 miles on one next week....thanks

put in in the back of the truck...thats my suggestion.

The toy can maybe haul ~800 lbs or so evenly distributed w the MX hauler you have 300+ lbs all behind the rear axle and extended out on a lever behind the truck. I would suggest that w the weight ditributed this way your over your springs weight limit.

I did see a product reviewed here on TT that was made to stabilize the hauler from the side to side (front to back of the bike) oscillations. the reviews were mixed I dont recall the product name

a google search showed me this which is similar

http://www.discountramps.com/anti-tilt-locking-device.htm

I use the double rack on my truck and have taken it from WA to CA and back with no issues:thumbsup:

05-21-09%20bike%20load%20001.JPG

I do how ever use a couple extra tie downs on the bikes as well as run one on each side from rack to my truck :thumbsup:

The receiver racks work great...however it's going to compare to you towing a trailer with approx 300 lbs of tongue weight.... you'll have to add a load stabilizing system such as air bags or over loads to not feel the bike.

i know there are endless threads about all different racks, but has anyone used an ultimatemxhauler with their drz? i got a smaller tacoma/4runner type rig with a class 3 hitch and tried an mxhauler on it for a few miles....semed a little shakey and really weighed the back end down....any suggestions to make that thing a little more secure? have to put a 1200 miles on one next week....thanks

I have owned that rack for about 6 years now. It works really great! I used to use it a lot with my '94 Toyota pickup....Did lots of miles with it on the back. I did go over a railroad track in Mt. Shasta one time that shifted it in a downward position. I just simply loosed the bolts and Re positioned with a car jack and tightened it down. I now own a Real Truck, '97 Cummins. When I use this rack with the cummins I forget that there is something back there. :thumbsup:

yeah thanks, thats reassuring....what i probably need is a bigger damn truck...but in the meantime....

thats a great idea.....nice pic, thnx

It's the rack or this for me hehe

12-26-2008%20002.JPG

yes this is a pain to load and unload this way :thumbsup:

I bought a used MotoXcaddy for 2005 Zx6r (400lbs). Guy did not like because it swayed left and right way too much.

Googled anti-rocking device and bought a square stabilizer with three bolts at the bottom from another sight. Used it for years traveling from Nor Cal to So Cal.

Worked great, now that I have the DRZ wish I still had it.

Edited by Secret Squirrel

if you're loading the bed that much, why not use a trailer and distribute the weight better?