Gaerne S-12 VS. SIDI crossfire ....WIDE FEET

So, i've seen the videos, read the multiple comparisons etc. Problem is no way i can find a place to try either on. SO ...have wide- ish feet that are jacked up LOL, which boot should i get for a comfy fit ?

My Tech 10's fit great when i got em, but are falling apart , and i wana try a plastic boot

• 3 weeks later...

I drove 40 miles to go try on a pair of Crossfires SRS....really had my hopes up. The boot is really narrow for a wide foot. I tried the TA and it was better, but still narrow.

A guy at the shop said that Sidi's dont break in like the A-Stars will. I blew through 1/4 tank in gas, but didn't make the mistake of ordering them online without putting my stumpy feet into one first! I loved the reticulation of hinged heel but question how much support it's going to give me when I'm beat and leaning into my boots to keep me up at the end of a long hard ride. I took a leap and ordered some Tech 10's for a smokin' deal and really hope I didn't make the mistake I was trying to avoid in the first place.

I've used T6s, (old) T8s T7s, and now I'm bootie bound. A-Stars has always been awesome at replacing parts for my boots for free. I broke a latch on a boot once and they rushed me all new ones for free.....damn good service. I hope I like them.....I really wanted the Sidi's but my physique didn't play well with them.

Derik

The Gaernes are for slightly wider feet. I have normal width feet but the SIDIs were a bit too uncomfortable in the toebox. The SRS was unbearable. The Gaernes are definitely my recommendation unless you have narrow feet. They are also very well made and comfortable...as well made as the SIDIs.