Sign in to follow this  

Are All Balls fork seal and bushing kit any good?

I want to order a fork seal and bushing kit for my '00 YZ250.

The brand I can get the fastest (next day) is All Balls. I was wondering how they compared to OEM ones. Are they reliable and will they last?

i have used them with no problems.

Bushings seem to be just a touch on the this side but most of the time pose no problem . The seals leave alot to be deisred .

I would use OEM bushings and SKF seals and be done with it:ride:

sorry thought this was a shock seal head, on the forks the seals work but have too much stiction, the dust seals are a joke, never tried the bushes, skf every time.

I have read that even though they are not first rate in comparison with oem and skf, the allballs kit works better than the more expensive kit from pivot works.

Ordered, and installed!

They looked like they fit pretty good, time will tell if they last!

:thumbsup:

what are these skf seals and dust sliders yall keep referring to?

iv already ordered a complete seals and bushing kit from pivot works for my upcoming rebuild, but i would consider these seals yall keep referring to next time.

what does the letter mean at the end of the fork size example:

SKF Fork Oil and Dust Seal 48W... or

SKF Fork Oil and Dust Seal 48K

what does the letter mean at the end of the fork size example:

SKF Fork Oil and Dust Seal 48W... or

SKF Fork Oil and Dust Seal 48K

I'm going to ASSume the "K" is KYB, the "W" is WP, and the "S" is showa

Bushings seem to be just a touch on the this side but most of the time pose no problem . The seals leave alot to be deisred .

I would use OEM bushings and SKF seals and be done with it:ride:

Pete is being nice,

the oil seal goes in tight and some folks even get it upside down

the dust seal?? Not sure how they can call it a seal

Use OEM or a very good quality aftermarket:thumbsup:

I can't keep track on how many sets I've taken out and found the bushings where shot -they let the mud and sand pass thru not good

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By smokey9lives
      Hi,
      I have a 2003 DRZ (actually a KLX400) and the head tube bearings are shot.  I ordered a new set to install but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on other parts I should replace while I have the front disassembled.  I was thinking about new rubber fork protectors, but are there other things that wear out on the DRZ front ends that you can only get to when disassambled?
      I also broke off a replacement key that I got for the steering lock.  I must have been made of cheap pot-metal.  Should I just remove the whole lock mechanism?
      Any tips or tricks for getting the old bearings out and the new ones in would be welcome!
      Thanks!
    • By hondahondo
      A few picks of my winter project.

• By Luke Hufford
      Hey guys. I recently purchased a 16 yz250x and the first 2 rides i LOVED the suspension. Then the day before a race i reset all my clickers to stock and everything felt like crap. No plushness at all and deflected off everything. I now have a 5.4 shock spring for my 190 pound weight and dialed in sag. Any recommendations on where i should go from here? Right now the fork is 12 out on comp and 15 out on rebound. Shock is 1.75 turns out on hsc, 14 out on lsc, and 18 out on rebound. Any help would be appreciated!
    • By jake gu
      Today we’re going to be talking a little bit about automotive suspensions and how they work to smoothen the ride of your car. There are mainly three purposes of the automotive suspension system. First, they support the  weight of the vehicle. Second, they maintain accurate tire contact with the ground. And third, they absorb any shock that you get through the road when you hit a bump.
      Most modern vehicles come with an independent front suspension. Which means if one wheel hits a bump it does not disturb the other wheel. Nowadays, people use Coil Spring to support the majority of weight in the car. As it has a really good characteristics for absorbing any bumps as you go up and down on the road.
      However Springs aren’t very good at dissipating that energy. In fact that’s why you have the shock absorber. Which is there to smoothen out the ride and make sure the tire maintains contact with the road.
      In modern passenger vehicles the two most popular suspensions are McPherson strut and double wishbone style of suspension. The main advantage of the McPherson strut suspension is that it’s really cheap and simple that’s why a lot of manufacturers are moving towards this design. The double wishbone design allows the wheel to stay perpendicular to the body as it navigates a corner or as it goes over a bump. And that maintains good tire contact patch no matter where the wheel is situated. Another advantage of this design is that it can be made adjustable where you can control the position of upper control arms ball Joints.
      Click to Know More About Ball Joints and other Suspension Components