Sign in to follow this  

Does anbody run BARE plastic??

I met a guy at a local place I ride the other day, he was on an '09 YZ250. He didn't have a sticker on his bike, not one. It gave me the urge to do mine the same way, I don't like the graphics on my bike and I don't wanna pay 42 bucks per side for OEM shroud graphics.

What do you guys think? How many of you leave your bikes "naked"?

The only downside to no graphics is the scratches the plastics will get. Maybe put some of those clear graphic sheets on top so if in the future if you get graphics your plastics wont be too torn up to use. I think the clear sheets are only $20 and should be enough to put a strip on top of the rear fender, where your knees rub the shrouds,the front fender tip and maybe even the fork guards.

My play bike is butt naked... as stated above, the only downside is plastics get scuffed and scratched ALOT quicker.

180024_10150142440632559_741307558_8396603_4448455_n.jpg

Ill probably shell out for some cheap graphics just to protect my plastics a little as they were just put on this winter and already look pretty beat 1 month into the riding season. Thats why my race bikes stay covered in stickers, Im on the ground so much Id rather protect my plastics with graphics than have to replace plastics every race.

Yeah I thought about the scratches, my shrouds, front fender, and fork guards are original so you can imagine the scratches through the graphics. I was just hoping to see some '02+ YZs with nothing on the shrouds and airbox mainly. Kinda wish someone could flash a pic and "talk" me into yankin' the graphics off my bike.

I run graphics but only becuase I think the bike looks lousy without them.

Note that this is personal preference though.

Never had the urge to add graphics. Cost too much and don't last long enough.

Cool looking bright graphics pull the chicks.

If your not into chicks then leave them bare I suppose.

mines naked, short the swingarm graphics it came with, which will be gone soon i like em naked!

LOL Chicks!

I don't wanna pay 42 bucks per side for OEM shroud graphics.

$42 per side? I run Factory Effex OEM style graphics, $36 at Rockymountainatv.

I ran no stickers for a while. Bike came with Monster graphics on it, I peeled em off. Naked is better than flat-biller.

I've never added any once the stockers peel. Picking the right color/brand plastic helps with looks. White is a no no for me with dirt stains. Black shows scratches the worst. Stock Yamaha blue sure creases easy but hides scratches and dirt fair. Stock KTM Acerbis is the longest lasting i've had.

Hahaha, I love "chicks". Don't need graphics to "pull chicks", I've got my own technique for that. Thanks for the advice.

$42 per side? I run Factory Effex OEM style graphics, $36 at Rockymountainatv.

I ran no stickers for a while. Bike came with Monster graphics on it, I peeled em off. Naked is better than flat-biller.

I looked on the Motosport OEM fiche and they are $42 per side. I would peel off any monster stickers myself, I don't like all that flashy stuff. Stock is my favorite.

I haven't stripped my bike yet, still debating.

No graphics other than swingarm and rear fender. Ignore the dou-shay Rockstar barpad. It was the only one in stock at my dealer :thumbsup:

Also, that camel hump of a gas tank is no longer on the bike, I found that it altered the handling a little too much for me.

2010-08-08084900.jpg

Hahaha, I love "chicks". Don't need graphics to "pull chicks", I've got my own technique for that. Thanks for the advice.

I looked on the Motosport OEM fiche and they are $42 per side. I would peel off any monster stickers myself, I don't like all that flashy stuff. Stock is my favorite.

I haven't stripped my bike yet, still debating.

Holy crap! I just looked at some of the OEM prices on Thumpertalk for an 06 YZ250.

Tank graphics, no tank, listed as $193.82?!?!?! The tank is $373.14

The radiator shroud graphics list for $48.98 per side. The shrouds are only $19.76 each. That's crazy. I'll stick with Factory Effex!