Sign in to follow this  

California Pipi Conditions ( open ) ?

Does anyone know if Elkins / Pipi is open yet ?

If it''s open how are the conditions ?

Thx

Dave

Wet Weather Causes the Seasonal Dirt Road Closure on the Eldorado National Forest To Be Extended Until May 13

The extensive storms over the past weeks have left many dirt roads on the Eldorado National Forest too wet to handle vehicle traffic without causing resource damage. Dirt roads in the Eldorado National Forest will remain closed until weather and soil conditions improve, announced Forest Supervisor Ramiro Villalvazo. The current closure is extended to May 13.

“The extended weather forecast and outlook shows a potential for additional storms in the near future,” said Villalvazo. “I want to open the routes as soon as possible but not until the routes can handle the vehicle traffic. If the weather does continue a drying trend then there is the possibility of opening sooner.”

The forest has received 160% of normal precipitation this winter and many areas in the forest are still under a significant snow pack.

I just called them. The person asked which part of the forest I was interested as far as the closure is concerned. May 13th is the decision date. Expect it to be closed until after memorial day. I need some food, a place to sh!t, and my wool shorn, baaah goes the sheeple....

I just called them. The person asked which part of the forest I was interested as far as the closure is concerned. May 13th is the decision date. Expect it to be closed until after memorial day. I need some food, a place to sh!t, and my wool shorn, baaah goes the sheeple....

Just curious - is this your opinion or what the ranger station told you?

Yea i jsut called they said they are meeting tomorrow to decide if they are going to open or extend it. The Ranger said it snowed up there yesterday and is still really wet with snow. I am not holding my breath of riding up there this weekend they will have a update on the website tomorrow.

Dave

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/ohv/

The closure extension is my guess, but they are assessing the situation on Friday. Call em up, wonderful people to talk to.

No decision as of 2:00 today. They said "Due to Sunday's forcasted storm, the forest supervisor is considering extending the closure thru next Friday with May 21 being the new opening day."

No decision as of 2:00 today. They said "Due to Sunday's forcasted storm, the forest supervisor is considering extending the closure thru next Friday with May 21 being the new opening day."

They will likely extend the closure until it is dusty enough to invite the EPA to try to trump up a good Clear Creek style dust/asbestos "Emergency Closure"

:thumbsup:

good to go!!! :thumbsup: I was expecting an extend--get the saws out guy's :confused::ride::worthy: just looked at the weather for sun. 80% rain and poss. snow!

From the recording at Foresthill ranger station - Foresthill/Sugar pine will remain closed.

Anyone heading up this weekend?

I just posted the the same question.

I'm going Saturday and looking for somebody to ride with.

Taking the kids to ride Sunday.

If I don't take them on a regular basis I risk a mutiny.

But I'll post up a trail report Saturday evening.