Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250R 09 30 hours service questions

Hi!

I am a proud owner of a 2009 crf 250 and it's definitely the best bike I've had, so much progress I made with it and the quality is awesome, I mounted loudmouth and jd jetting kit, the bike is working great so far. It starts without problems cold or warm, I've never check the valves ...

Now it has 30 hours and I am gonna change the piston and rings to be on the safe side, which size of piston do you guys used after that amount of hours? Of all the stores I checked it seems that 78 mm is the most common (I want to use wiseco), is that ok or too big? Should I go for 77.95 instead?

I am gonna check the valves, if it's not ok can I just change the titan valves or do I need to fix the valves seats??

Thank you!

78mm is the stock bore size. I have used wiseco pistons with no problems. If valves are closing up, i would replace valves, springs (commonly overlooked) & seals. Have valve seats cut or new valves will wear rapidly

almost as easy to do a 2 stroke. its about 6 extra bolts and timing thats about it. if you have any mechanical know how youll be good to go. also have make sure to have the cylinder honed.

Never heard about that, why?

De-glazes the cylinder is very common. Some do it with a scotchbrite pad and wd-40. Seems like way to much work. Wiseco sells the hone's and they're pretty reasonably priced. It's like a stiff emery cloth on a stick, but works awesome.

Hey sorry for the side track, my brother is looking foward to buy a 250r How would you guys reccoment this bike? alot of maintance?

I don't think more than any other 250F but you have to pay attention to your airfilters changes. Mine has soon 30 hours and I greased it, changed oil and filter every 5 hours, nothing else beside loudmouth and JD jetting installation. Very happy with the bike, it's good quality stuff!

Have you ever messed with the suspension oil? I'm not a pro

Jumper do small ones wondering if I should look into

That on my bike? I got a 150r expert 08

Have you ever messed with the suspension oil? I'm not a pro

Jumper do small ones wondering if I should look into

That on my bike? I got a 150r expert 08

Suspension is everything. Before you spend a dime on any go fast parts, have the suspension done by a professional. You won't believe the difference in your riding ability and confidence level.