What would you pay?

Been looking to pick up a WR250X for a couple weeks now, came across this ad this morning, http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/2357604952.html

I have plenty of cash to cover the 4500 but I was just curious, what would you offer, or what's the most you'd pay? Looking to pick this up as cheap as possible, thanks in advance!

I'd offer 4 it looks good

The NADA average retail is $3665 to give you an idea. He'd probably consider that an insult but I normally offer the NADA retail then bargain from there.

Man... I think I'd feel bad offering that low of a price. Good to know that's what NADA assesses it at though.

offer 3700 and bargin up to 3900 at the highest pay 4.

offer 3700 and bargin up to 3900 at the highest pay 4.

I like the way you think :thumbsup:

just because the "nada" says this or that, doesnt matter, its what bikes sell for in certain areas, also, you could ask him, What is the lowest your willing to go, then maybe take off 50$ or 100$, and try that, thats how you get a good deal :thumbsup:, looked at a snowmobile, guy wanted it sold fast, we were willing to pay 4900$, asked him whats the lowest you will go, he said 4200, soo yeah it helps alot :confused: we would of said, will you take 4500, instead we saved a extra 300$,

just because the "nada" says this or that, doesnt matter, its what bikes sell for in certain areas, also, you could ask him, What is the lowest your willing to go, then maybe take off 50$ or 100$, and try that, thats how you get a good deal :thumbsup:, looked at a snowmobile, guy wanted it sold fast, we were willing to pay 4900$, asked him whats the lowest you will go, he said 4200, soo yeah it helps alot :confused: we would of said, will you take 4500, instead we saved a extra 300$,

That's a very good point! I already told him that I have cash in hand but I guess I didn't mention how much :worthy: I just hope he doesn't say it's firm at 4500 because I'd like to pay 4k at most!

If you want it, buy it. 30 years i played that game, and probably lost out on some great toys and ended up with more then one pile, because i wouldn't pay $200.00 more. Or that'll be gone, then you can go pay a dealer 6 grand?

As other said, ask the minimum he would take. If you like what you hear, be done with it and buy it. If he's still too high, drop the NADA number on him and go from there. 2 things to consider: 1st, no matter how much he thinks the bike is worth, the open market determines the selling price. 2nd, if you like the bike and are willing to pay the price, who cares what the open market says it's worth. I know those rules contradict themselves, but if you can balance them out a bit with reasonable negotiations, you'll never regret what you paid regardless of what you read on the 'net. What's a couple hundo if you're happy?

My guess is he's probably looking at around $4k. Obviously get the best deal you can. I may actually be selling my WR250X. Talking things over with my wife. I have to clean out a few toys. Good luck! You'll definitely enjoy the bike!

That's just dirt. Anodized aluminum rims don't rust :confused:

Yeah that's what I was thinking but thank you very much for the reassurance :thumbsup: