Sign in to follow this  

Coolant question

I have some leftover Zerex g-05 coolant from my chrsyler and was wondering if it would be ok to put in my bike (2 stroke). Its pretty expensive stuff and I have it on hand so I'de rather use it then the cheap green stuff. Anyone know if its ok?

coolant is coolant but all this new extended live coolant, expecally the gm dex cool causes corrosion on aluminum. so i wouldent ever use it. stick with the classic green or the engine ice kinda stuff

coolant is coolant but all this new extended live coolant, expecally the gm dex cool causes corrosion on aluminum. so i wouldent ever use it. stick with the classic green or the engine ice kinda stuff

The cheap green ethylene glycol "extended life" coolant is actually the same thing that the OEM's use at the factory. It does not contain the silicates found in regular ethylene glycol auto coolants, which can lead to water pump seal leaks.

Zerex g-05 is nothing like the dreaded dex cool that caused so many problems for people when they thought they could mix it with the regular green stuff.

Zerex g-05 is Ethylene Glycol based Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT). Uses Ethylene Glycol, but with OAT based corrosion inhibitors and some added silicates (very low) around 250 PPM most usually BASF's "Glysantin" additive package. HOAT is less aggressive than straight OAT anti-freeze and has better cavitation ?sp resistance. Again, best to thoroughly flush your system if switching to it.

Edited by maxamillion125