Sign in to follow this  

copper header washers on xr400

Any info on how to remove the old crush washers from the header of an xr400?

Just a suggestion cuz I've never removed mine, but I'd think they would come off fairly easy if you heated them up with a torch. :thumbsup:

It looks a lot worse than it is. They shouldn't be really stuck just smashed in place. I think I got a small screw driver under a part of it and it came right out. Even maybe taping a screw driver into the coper so you can pry it up is all it should take.

It looks a lot worse than it is. They shouldn't be really stuck just smashed in place. I think I got a small screw driver under a part of it and it came right out. Even maybe taping a screw driver into the coper so you can pry it up is all it should take.

That's all it takes, I can usually pop them out by pushing a small screw driver under one side and twisting.

That's all it takes, I can usually pop them out by pushing a small screw driver under one side and with a light tap they come loose, sometimes if you can get the screwdriver under far enough all you need is a twist.