Sign in to follow this  

Looking to Buy 2010 or 2011

I am looking to purchase a 2010 or 2011. Any specific issues I should be looking for on these models when purchasing used? Has anyone had issues with valves or the clutch on these bikes? I don't want to spend a solid amount of cash and then have to throw more money into it. How reliable are these bikes?

a better clutch is recommended if you use it. Some get away with the stock just fine though. No issues at all for me. Have an 09 (80h) and 11 (20h)

goto Motocross Action Mag and read...pretty honest on the most parts. I have an 09 and love it

Everybody Ive spoken to about the new gen CRF's says MXA has their heads in their asses.

The clutch is a bad design, but they say its not the problem child that MXA makes it out to be. The valve problem really hasnt come up with this generation head. Id seen it by now. The injection map could use work. Thats a 50-60 dollar fix ( if youre smart about it). The suspension is just like all dirt bikes. Before its perfect for you, you'll have to mess with it.

What about the rear shock linkage? How does the new chassis compare to the 08 in terms of feel in height and wheelbase? I feel like I want to experience the Fuel Injection generation of motors.

The current generation seems to be very hit or miss. Some people are able to get the suspension set up perfectly for them, other people can't seem to get the suspension to work properly no matter what they do.

I have a friend that races MX, he went from an 08 CRF250R to an 09 450R, and he couldn't believe at how bad the suspension was. Even after a complete re-valving front and rear he couldn't dial the suspension in to a point where he was satisfied with it. He likes the suspension on his '11 KX450F much, much better.

Does the fuel injection make the starting easy? Does it start easy- hot or cold, stalled or crashed? Its better than jetted correctly right?

Does the fuel injection make the starting easy? Does it start easy- hot or cold, stalled or crashed? Its better than jetted correctly right?

3 slow kicks, every time for me.

Hot sometimes you can get it to go in one, but usually 3 is the magic number.