Sign in to follow this  

The best year of a Crf450r

What is the best year for the crf450r? I have heard alot of good things about the 2009 Crf450r just wandering what you all had to say.

Thanks for all replies:ride:

What is the best year for the crf450r? I have heard alot of good things about the 2009 Crf450r just wandering what you all had to say.

Thanks for all replies:ride:

I think out of all of them the worst year I have heard about is 09 lol

I think out of all of them the worst year I have heard about is 09 lol

AGREED! When i bought my o6 i spoke with the local honda dealer, the owner still rides an o6. Ive heard o3-o7 are the best years, although with the valve wear being an issue in earlier years, I believe the o6 and newer will be your best bet.

i had a 2005 crf 450 i bought new, and now i have a 2009 crf 450. If i had my choice of the two, i would pick the 09 for sure. The 2005 was a great bike, but with suspension mods(which i do to all my bikes) and a pro circuit linkage i personnally think the 09 is better. It feels more like riding a light 250 2 stroke with big 450 power. And the FI is way more tuneable (you can adjust ignition) and while tuning it takes about 30 seconds to change something with a laptop instead of having to take the carb apart. Not to mention the FI automatically adjusts for atmospheric changes like altitude air temp etc. The 09 is a great bike and mine has been very very reliable as well...the valves are considerably better...ive checked them about six times and havent had to adjust them once. That wasnt the case with my 05...just my opinion though.

• Like 1

I called my suspension guy (he races CRF450s) to check into how EFI works on the ice for ice racing. He told me, the '06-'08 were the best, and the efi is NOT the hot ticket for cold weather riding......AND, he prefered the pre-'09 as far as handling as well.

Literally, the next day I found a new '08 CRF450 on CL. Glad to have the '08 CRF450 back in the garage!!

My last '08. Shoulda never sold it! I loved that bike......cant wait to ice ride/race this one.

Boots001-1.jpg

The '08 CRF450 is like the '96 CR250 back when!

It took 5 years ('01 CR250) for a CR to be better then the '96 (IMO).

Maybe the 2013 CRF450 will be better then the '08. :-)

Been riding/racing since 1975. My 08 CRF450 bone stock is the best bike I have ever ridden. And in the past I have spent up to 10G's on other bikes susp and engine. Just wish I was 20 years younger now.

I have had an '06, '08 and an '11. My vote is on the '11 - best handling and best motor for MX racing.

What is the major difference between an 05 and 08. Alot of people say the 08 was the best year but why? I had the suspension done by factory connection and have a 20mm offset clamp is a stock 08 still a big improvement from what I have?

I liked my 08 so much, that I bought ANOTHER brand new 08 model last year to replace the "old" one.

Buying a new bike that is the same as the old bike (year wise anyway) :thumbsup:

I need to spend more time on the new design to be convinced. 40 minutes of riding a newer model, did not convince me the first time. Not saying more time couldn't have though ......:confused:

2006, seems to have the best reliability of all the bikes. easy enough to add the HPSD and 22mm clamps to update to the 08 specs