Suspension question

Hi all. I just bought a new bike. A Suzuki RMX450z. I am 6'3 , 260lbs and do strictly enduro/trailriding. I would like to set up the suspension as good as I can within my budget. I talked to a suspension shop in town and they said i needed a new rear spring (6.2kg) and new fork springs (.52kg), and because of the news springs i will need to revalve. The total price was a bit out of my price range ($900+tax). Would it be possible to just change the springs without revalving and still get decent results? Thanks in advance for your help!

... Would it be possible to just change the springs without revalving and still get decent results?

springs is a must, but valving also depends on the tracks, your skills and your riding style.

I would give it a try...

trouble is the STD rebound stacks are going to struggle to cope with those springs , shop around for a better price that seems high

trouble is the STD rebound stacks are going to struggle to cope with those springs , shop around for a better price that seems high

wouldn't a heavier oil (at least in the forks) compensate this :thumbsup:

yes a 7.5 wt in the inner chamber would be a good addition if you wanted just new springs

so the cheap option would be 7.5 wt and stiff fork springs

in the shock you could try just the spring but I feel nosy shocks don't have enough rebound so it maybe marginal with the stiff spring