Team Tortoise Mega Crown Round 2 May 14th

Washington

The Team Tortoise Mega crown Hare Scrambles round 2 will be at Riverdale Raceway Saturday May 14th, should be a great race with 2 tracks, woods, grass track and lots of fun stuff. Open MX practice on Friday. www.teamtortoiseracing.com for more details.

I will be there. Hopefully I don't run out of gas this time!

Can't wait!! Moto Moto!!

I should hopefully be attending. This will be my first HS, but its at a moto track? I'm pretty much trail only so I'm a little worried about having to race the track as well. If any one could shed some more light on this I'd appreciate it.

Also I ride a crf250x, and I'll be doing the short course, will I need to pit? If (supposing the bike spends enough time on its side) I do need to stop for gas, do I leave my gas can in the pit area and then ride to it when the time comes?

Sorry for all the basic questions, but I haven't attended any of the NMA events before and I'm pretty nervous!

Thanks everyone

I should hopefully be attending. This will be my first HS, but its at a moto track? I'm pretty much trail only so I'm a little worried about having to race the track as well. If any one could shed some more light on this I'd appreciate it.

Also I ride a crf250x, and I'll be doing the short course, will I need to pit? If (supposing the bike spends enough time on its side) I do need to stop for gas, do I leave my gas can in the pit area and then ride to it when the time comes?

Sorry for all the basic questions, but I haven't attended any of the NMA events before and I'm pretty nervous!

Thanks everyone

I really wouldnt worry about pitting, there is a motocross track but its quite tame and theres a lot more offroad than track for you to enjoy.

These guys put on excelent events and I highly suggest this for your first :thumbsup:

JohnX..You will have a great time, like lathrop said the track is pretty mellow and off road friendly, on your 250x you should be fine without having to stop for gas. Shortcourse race starts at 9am. www.teamtortoiseracing.com for more times and details.. see ya there.

Thanks everyone

I would suggest putting a little gas at the pit area and maybe a set of goggles and gloves. You never know if you need any of that stuff and everyone in the pits will help you if you just say something.People ussually help you even if you don't !! the pits are open so you just ride in but remember 5mph and also make sure you turn your bike off if you fuel(RULES) ...try the race you will love it an be hooked! if your freaked out about the moto track just stay to the side of the jumps and what ever you do don't change your line just stay where your at and people will get around you. Everyone is very friendly and will help you with questions if you just go up and ask! Hope you have fun!! they put on a kick ass event!:thumbsup:

I would suggest putting a little gas at the pit area and maybe a set of goggles and gloves. You never know if you need any of that stuff and everyone in the pits will help you if you just say something.People ussually help you even if you don't !! the pits are open so you just ride in but remember 5mph and also make sure you turn your bike off if you fuel(RULES) ...try the race you will love it an be hooked! if your freaked out about the moto track just stay to the side of the jumps and what ever you do don't change your line just stay where your at and people will get around you. Everyone is very friendly and will help you with questions if you just go up and ask! Hope you have fun!! they put on a kick ass event!:thumbsup:

Do what I do. Stay in a line and let them jump over you!

Can anyone tell me how long the short course is? I would really like to run this event but have never ran a HS before..is it similiar to WORCS?

Can anyone tell me how long the short course is? I would really like to run this event but have never ran a HS before..is it similiar to WORCS?

1.5 hrs - short course

2.5 hrs - long course

Use the same course (some clubs will alter course if able to for long/short course classes)

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, I'm definitely excited for Saturday. I have one more thing that's been bugging me: I know the NMA rules say I need to clearly display my class letter on all three plates, and when I signed up for the competition license I also had to make up a bike number. I definitely dont have pre-printed backgrounds.

Do I have to have the number on my bike for the event or just the letter for the class?

Where do I get a letter to put on my number plates?

Can I make the numbers/letters out of tape or something, what do others do?

Really glad your going to make it down to the event, For this event you will not need a letter on your bike. See ya there.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, I'm definitely excited for Saturday. I have one more thing that's been bugging me: I know the NMA rules say I need to clearly display my class letter on all three plates, and when I signed up for the competition license I also had to make up a bike number. I definitely dont have pre-printed backgrounds.

Do I have to have the number on my bike for the event or just the letter for the class?

Where do I get a letter to put on my number plates?

Can I make the numbers/letters out of tape or something, what do others do?

use black tape if you have to, there's nothing wrong with that and i've used it many times!!:thumbsup:

Conditions down at Riverdale are epic, track is perfect, we have some new trails that are alot of fun, course conditions should be excellent come raceday on Saturday.

Conditions down at Riverdale are epic, track is perfect, we have some new trails that are alot of fun, course conditions should be excellent come raceday on Saturday.

SHUT UP ROB:bonk: I already can't wait!

Count me in for this event. Go easy on me... I am old.

Derick

Count me in for this event. Go easy on me... I am old.

Derick

Hey dont they say 40 is the new 20? :thumbsup: I hope so.:confused:

Great event, lots of fun. Thanks guys

Hats off to Tate , Taft , Rob and the rest of the guys and gals who put the event on!! KICK ASS :thumbsup::banana::confused::worthy:

Made it down today for the race, first time in a hare scramble.

Was super nervous and excited!

Raced in the 30+C class...

IMG_20110514_133305.jpg

Not dead last! 6 laps...

Can't wait for next race @ burnt ridge!

Luke