Sign in to follow this  

Got my triple clamp and new EVO bars installed.

just thought I'd share a few pictures of my new clamp and handlebar install. Got the Henry / Reed EVO's and they feel great on the stand. What setting are you running your bars at? I tilted them forward from zero about 3/4 a mark or so and they feel good on there. I'll test this weekend.

My DEP pipe will be here tomorrow, and if I can get my revalve kit from Smart Performance here soon I'll be set!

2011-05-04_22-02-37_479.jpg

2011-05-04_22-03-04_672.jpg

2011-05-04_22-10-14_793.jpg

I left the bars uncut (800mm wide). I'll try 'em like that for a while and see how it works. Maybe cut 'em down later if I don't like it.

2011-05-04_22-10-06_52.jpg

You jacked my setup! Henry reed bars, 3/4 notch forward, Smart Performance suspension, Dep pipe... Don't tell me you have a Turbine Core 2 muffler too! :confused::thumbsup:

You jacked my setup! Henry reed bars, 3/4 notch forward, Smart Performance suspension, Dep pipe... Don't tell me you have a Turbine Core 2 muffler too! :confused::thumbsup:

Ha! No I've got the pc304. Got FMF shorty too, gotta try 'em both with the DEP and see which I like best.

I am thinking about jacking your avatar though...Noice!!!

I don't know if you can see the mark on the clamps in this photo or not, but I've got mine in about the same position. Mine is dead-on the +1 mark.

DSCN4311.jpg?t=1304621013

Looks like your clamps are set to the forward position as well. I've seen a lot of setups this way. Mine is setup in the back position as you can see in the pic. Does moving the handlebar over the forks help with control or is a comfort / preference thing?

Foward position opens up the cockpit a little more. I have a Tag upper, ran it foward and standard, ended up at the standard. Felt a little more stable in fast rocky stuff (I lived in Arizona), and seemed to make picking up the front end for obsticles quicker (my riding style includes proabable more wheelie-attacks than necessary, or proper).

Oh yea, nice grip choice, but HOLY WIDE BARS BATMAN! I suppose they look even wider to me since there's no bark buster hardware cluttering it up between the clamps and levers.

I'll probably end up cutting 1/4 to 1/2 off of each end. The bars I replaced were an inch shorter (overall), but I want to try them out full-width first just to see.

Looks like your clamps are set to the forward position as well. I've seen a lot of setups this way. Mine is setup in the back position as you can see in the pic. Does moving the handlebar over the forks help with control or is a comfort / preference thing?

Yeah I'm running them at the most forward setting, I'm gonna bring them back one notch today. Still doing the trial and error thing. I like them forward, but like Adam said, further foward = less stable. I ride mostly ST so being super stable isn't a must.

Got the bike out for a ride yesterday and wow what a difference between the stock bars and these. I was much less tired after riding. Much less vibration and did not feel stiff like the stock bars. Standing and sitting, it seemed like I had much better control and the bike just seemed to flow better. Maybe some of that was in my head but nonetheless, an upgrade I will never regret!