Sign in to follow this  

Washington Mattawa or the Green Dots?

Anybody have a recent ride report from Mattawa or the Green Dots? Curious as to how sandy/dusty Mattawa is. Haven't had the chance to ride the Green Dots yet. Thinking it might be good for the beginners I will be riding with...any comments on skill level required.

Mattawa will be a bit dusty cause we have not had any real rain lately. The sandy sections will also be getting softer and therefore deeper.

The lower Green dots opened up last Sunday. I will be riding them this Saturday. Parts of the Green Dots are fine for beginners but there are sections that intimidate beginner riders and those not used to large loose bolders on uphill sections. A helpful crew of mixed riders can help in those sections. Nothing that experienced riders can't handle.

I should of checked the weather. Rain is predicted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If it materializes then the Green Dots are out and Mattawa is the place to be. :thumbsup:

Didn't make it to Green Dots last year but I am planning on some rides out there to make a in/out ride from Liberty to West Bar and back... just need to figure out where my gas stash is gonna go.

Didn't make it to Green Dots last year but I am planning on some rides out there to make a in/out ride from Liberty to West Bar and back... just need to figure out where my gas stash is gonna go.

You can stash it in my tank if ya want. :thumbsup:

just need to figure out where my gas stash is gonna go.

I have a couple of ideas :thumbsup: Instead of a geo-cache it could be a geo-stash.

TONY