Looking for Black Dirt forest with streams and single track

you have to do trail work to earn the right to the good stuff, i dont show anything good to people who havent earnd it:lol::confused:

Hey, come on, the guy's got ONE post here on TT. Surely that's enough..... ?

Hey, come on, the guy's got ONE post here on TT. Surely that's enough..... ?

oh thats right! 1 post should do it. i know were a riding is just like that except the dirt isn't black , he will need low gearing, trials tire, and a radiator fan, and maybe a ktm 200, and be an A enduro rider, no break sliding and NO wheel spin is :confused:

Wow. So funny to take a sideline seat hear and listen to all the comments. I find it hard to believe that there i snot riding within 7-8hours of southern cal than i can find black dirt, single track, streams and forests to ride in. i understand some of you guys wanting to hold out on your "spots". But i am not asking for specifics... just get me to an area and i'll do the rest. If i have to take a trip to oregon i will. but i have been saying the same things to the guys i ride with every weekend for 6 years now......."i want to go ride the black dirt in the trees!" and every year i am stuck riding deserts here in southern cal, even when i make it up into the tree lines in beig bear and arrowhead it still is very much desert scape.

Help a brother out. I just want to set up one annual trip with my boys, rent a toy hauler and go experience this for a weekend. ?

its funny when some on ask were all the good or secret single track is in nor cal, it opens up a can of worms, iv been ridding 38 years up hear, clearing and build miles and miles of trail and ride alone most of the time, and people still are anel about showing me stuff, but iv seen groups of squids totally trench out and destroy some of the sweetest single track in nor cal and its not reparable. no one talks about the good stuff on TT or you will get death threats! because the squids will find out and destroy all ower good single track:banghead: but people are more than Happy to give up the cycle parkes like stony ford and upper lake because the USFS has a trail cat to fix the trails......

All I can say is ....................... WoW!

NorCal has surely changed. I guess we've just gotten tired of getting beaten up. Maybe we've learned a few things & just gotten alittle smarter. ?

Eldorado you have a L? An L! I test rode a XR650 and came away :worthy: My son now rides, so my biggest issue is showing him the good stuff. It's still very much still out there. It may just be harder finding it...... or being shown where it is! :confused:

I'll agree with da' squid. Put in some work & you'll be shown where it is.

NorCal has surely changed. I guess we've just gotten tired of getting beaten up. Maybe we've learned a few things & just gotten alittle smarter. ?

Eldorado you have a L? An L! I test rode a XR650 and came away :worthy: My son now rides, so my biggest issue is showing him the good stuff. It's still very much still out there. It may just be harder finding it...... or being shown where it is! :confused:

couldnt agree more....i mean no offense to the OP, but there are sooooo many idiots and squids in off roading that have NO business being out there, as someone who has grown up around it and been at it (offroading in general) for 20 years i have only seen more and more trash on trails, no one doing trail maintenence, people just being total and complete idiots....sorry OP but if you ride with the right guys, you'll be shown the good stuff, cant just go asking about this stuff online...some ass hat can just google it later and destroy a trail that took some dedicated guys a long time to build

Yes - an L. It is big, heavy and underpowered.

But - it has a plate and that makes it great.

My 650R is way more powerful - but no plate.

My CR500AF is my favorite, but no plate, so it does not see much riding now.

But - so far the L go every where the 500 did, so I am OK with it.

... but iv seen groups of squids totally trench out and destroy some of the sweetest single track in nor cal and its not reparable.......

I'm starting to understand this issue. I was at Mace Mill Friday and several trails are more trench out than I have ever seen before. Starting to wonder if they should have left it closed when it was wet.

BTW i'm an old dude running trials tires..