Sign in to follow this  

Six TTR225 Questions!

1. Does anyone know if XT225 front wheel will fit the TTR?

2. Are there any aluminum rims available for the TTR?

3. The XT has a two piston front caliper - will it fit the TTR?

4. Are the seat covers interchangeable?

5. What jetting is recommended for the airbox/pipe mod?

6. Does anyone have good side panels and tank shrouds for sale?

#1 yes, however, the hub is weaker, the wheel bearings are crap. You don't want it.

#2 yes, any 36 spoke 21" rim should work. However, you may need to lace it in a different pattern than the current rim. I don't think it's worth the effort.

#3 ??

#4 probably. If you aren't set on having "Yamaha" on the side of the cover, I'd go to an automotive upholstery shop instead. For $10, I got enough material to do three seats. (XT, TT-R and I forget)

DSC00366_640.JPG

#5 we're running 40/140, modified air box, stock pipe. However, this information isn't much good unless you're at the same altitude and roughly the same temperature as we are.

#6 good luck with that. TT-R plastics are only available new from Yamaha, used ones are often pretty pricey.

Thanks for the information! You might be interested to know I found comparatively amazing prices on plastics on yamahapartsnation.com

5. What jetting is recommended for the airbox/pipe mod?

I am running a 130 main jet and a 42.5 pilot jet on my XT225 in Nor-Cal....:)

Is a yamaha xt 225 and ttr 225 rear wheels interchangable
Not quite. The XT and TTR use different sprockets and I believe the brake backing plate is also different. You can swap them as a whole though. You do not want the XT225 wheel, the hub is weak, the nipples pull through the rims and there are other known problems. It's lighter, but it's not better. Stick with the TT-R225 wheel

Check LoisOnTheLoose for photos of her shattered XT225 wheel.

Rim? Certainly, if you're willing to spend the time lacing and truing it, there are plenty.

Complete wheel assembly? To my knowledge, only the XT225.

Is there any other rim that will bolt right up to my xt225?
Rim? Certainly, if you're willing to spend the time lacing and truing it, there are plenty.

Complete wheel assembly? To my knowledge, only the XT225.

You can use the TTR225 rim, or any other rim of the correct size, as long as you use the XT225 hub and axles for a direct bolt up....:)