Sign in to follow this  

Should these cracks concern me?

no.. not to sound like an arse but give the FAQ's a read...

faq first order of business for all new owners..then questions, welcome

Casting marks.... I'll save you some reading

dont save him the reading, the faqs are faqs for a reason... everynew owner should read them and be familiar.

it sure helped me a lot a year ago!

dont save him the reading, the faqs are faqs for a reason... everynew owner should read them and be familiar.

For the record, I did read the faqs when I first became a member. Kept me from asking a lot of the noob questions. However, that was awhile ago...seeing the casting marks didn't jog any memories--which is why I asked. Yes, I'm guilty of not re-reading the faq section.

No... I know it's been discussed on here multiple times as with other subjects...but I'll man up and just give him a simple answer... :thumbsup:

slight hijack .....

well said.

No... I know it's been discussed on here multiple times as with other subjects...but I'll man up and just give him a simple answer... :thumbsup:

^, from my experience on TT, these threads "choke up TT search/real help required function" kinda like microsoft, bloating it unneccessarily.

FAQ is there for a really good reason, self help. it also makes you appreciate all the effort that's gone into and maintain it, along with the "big gun" user names.

my 02.

+10 when i started out i didn't ask any questions until i had read and searched for like 2 days straight,,glogging is true, especially these posts that don't mention the issue in the title such as "need help" "got a problem" etc.. are all posted by people unaware of how forums work,,issues like these were addressed in other forums i frequent by listing a "please read before posting" etc. not to discourage newbs but, some self help has to be initiated before others can help without frustration..i still try to help all i can but...my 2 cents

No need to grind a new member!

He's asking for a reason. We are all here to help! There's know dumb questions.

Not grinding him at all. agree with you we are all here to help as we were all newbies at some point, but faq should be required reading at some point, and the sooner then the less glogging. This thread just happened to be the one that sparked the issue, Op please don't feel like your being grinded on, we're glad your here, and happy to help i think i speak for all on this point.:thumbsup:

There's know dumb questions.

Ah ha, creative play on words or just bad grammar :thumbsup:

Ah ha, creative play on words or just bad grammar :confused:

:thumbsup:

I agree.

Just looking for input after the oil change on my new-to-me used DRZ400sm.

p1000829r.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

casting marks can scare the crap out of ya if you are not prepared to see them! I just did the first service on my new zuk and was angered when i found the drain plug WAY over torqued from the factory.

Upon further inspection i found what i thought were cracks traveling from the drain area to an oil cooling fin about 1/8 " long. I was disgusted to say the least! I ended up having to re drain the new oil and put the bike on a lift for a closer look. I was delighted to see they were only casting marks!