Sign in to follow this  

1992 RM 125-will not start

Evening folks:Got a situation

I just did a Top-end rebuild on my Sons RM.Bottom line will not start.I know you need three basics-Fuel--Spark--Air right ?#1.Carb is nice.tore it completely apart-cleaned-went back together-nice.#2 Spark-Nice blue spark.I pulled it out of the head-plug is wet-Shouldn't it be atleast popping or something ? Any help would be apprecated.-Thanks-Ray.Drews92RM125016.jpg

No-This was discarded do to no compression.I put in a std pistion/ring rebuilt the carb.After reading a couple other post I think that My cylinder needs re-sealed I can kick it over easy without the plug in it.

No-This was discarded do to no compression.I put in a std pistion/ring rebuilt the carb.After reading a couple other post I think that My cylinder needs re-sealed I can kick it over easy without the plug in it.

You should be able to kick it over easy with no plug in, nothing holding compression. Does the plug smell like gas?

Yes-Fresh 32-1.Im off tommorow so-will have a full day to play.

Thats what has me bugging.After a 1/2 hour of kicking it only popped out the exhaust once. Everything went back together nice.I feels like it's ready to start.Should i spray a shot of ether in the Carb ?

Thanks for the replys

I would pull the head and make sure you have a good seal- no coolant on piston. Did you use new orings?

Timing good?

New o-rings-Timing never messed with it,but heres a couple of things.When I pulled the plug to check for spark-it was hard to see-so i pulled the flywheel cover just to check things out.Man it looked like POOh. I mean years of Oxidation.i got in there with a shall wire brush,sandpaper,WD 40,Air compressor.It cleaned up will,and the spark is perfect.

M-day weekend and Nascar i will be popping out in the garage from time to time over this week-end How do I set the timing or see if it's in range Thanks-Man I want to ride! LOL

New o-rings-Timing never messed with it,but heres a couple of things.When I pulled the plug to check for spark-it was hard to see-so i pulled the flywheel cover just to check things out.Man it looked like POOh. I mean years of Oxidation.i got in there with a shall wire brush,sandpaper,WD 40,Air compressor.It cleaned up will,and the spark is perfect.

M-day weekend and Nascar i will be popping out in the garage from time to time over this week-end How do I set the timing or see if it's in range Thanks-Man I want to ride! LOL

Pull the flywheel. You will need to clean the stator up as well. Then there will be a timing mark on the stator plate to line up with a mark on the case.

I'm betting you have a crank seal leaking.

Well-It looks like im going to bench the Motor-I tried to do a cheap top-end rebuild-Ran a 3-stone hone in the Cylinder to clean it up for the new std pistion/rings-I picked this bike up for next to nothing-It was hammered!.It took a couple of months of cleaning--replacing all the bolts and screws-it cleaned up nice.I might as well rebuild the motor.I will start a rebuilding post here trom start to finish.

Thanks for all the help-Ray.NoWay-2.jpgDrews92RM125013-1.jpg