title and plate dirtbike

Indiana

I need direction on what steps to take to title and plate my XR400R. I know I need to put a dual sport lighting kit on, and probably turn signals. Then do I need to apply for a title, or what are the proper steps. Also what kits are the best to make a reliable bike( good lights, etc.). Thanks in advance for the help.:thumbsup:

Baja Designs or Trick Dual Sport seem are the two best. 400-550.00 ($400 is $100 off BD, sale WAS on through the store here, don't know the status, group buy..>)

Once you've got the stuff on you call the cops and have them stop out and inspect the bike. If it passes they will fill out a form that you take to the BMV to apply for a street title and get your plates. The cops will charge $5.

You can take the bike to the bmv rather than the cop inspection, but sometimes they don't know stuff too well.

I "think" there might be a new law where if you've bought the bike in the past X years, you have to have a bill of sale from the previous owner. Not sure on that, might have been another state I'm remembering.

Thanks, that seems easier than I thought. I have a bill of sale, so I need to get it street legal. Are turn signals a requirement in Indiana? I will put them on anyway, but just curious. I will start looking into the kit. Thanks

Thanks, that seems easier than I thought. I have a bill of sale, so I need to get it street legal. Are turn signals a requirement in Indiana? I will put them on anyway, but just curious. I will start looking into the kit. Thanks

turnsignals, headlight, taillight, brake light, horn, DOT tires, speedo.

Lights have to work for 10 minutes with the bike not running. (battery)

I've not had a cop check for the lights working with motor off. They might check for loudness too.