Have you seen this?

wow thats a strong dude. He might do good in one of those Iron man races or whatever if he is a good rider.

cool a new workout to try.

wow thats a strong dude. He might do good in one of those Iron man races or whatever if he is a good rider.

Sorry but that isn't that strong IMO. It is only somewhere between 250 and 300 lbs. I could do that back in high school and I was only 5'8" and 158 lbs. The only hard part to what he is doing is keeping the bike balanced so that it doesn't tip over.

^I agree.....being able to balance the bike is the most impressive thing.......

Uhmm... Doing it with freeweights is easy. Doing what he does uses more muscle. You must be very strong.

Uhmm... Doing it with freeweights is easy. Doing what he does uses more muscle. You must be very strong.

250 pound is 250 pounds. Let's try this, which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?

250 pound is 250 pounds. Let's try this, which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?

However balancing the bike is a different story, bending moments make things harder. Try lifting a 10lb weight, then try lifting a 10ft long bar that weighs 1lb with a 9lb weight attached to the other end. You are lifting 10lbs either way, but one will be much harder for you to do.

Completely wrong man. Free weights...you know the balance point, you can see the center you can see how much is on either side. Dude is holding up a bike...there is no center bar, there are no real grip points. And I'd much rather hold a lb of bricks.

Oh also, free weights have a low center of gravity...the bike is straight up

There are other aspects to it besides just the amount of pounds. Lifting 250 on a bar is a LOT different than lifting 250 on a bike. Lift the weight of your bike in weights and then go try to lift the bike. Takes a lot more strength to lift the bulky, off-balance, non-weight centered item. Drop your pound of bricks and pound of feathers off a building and I bet the brick hits the ground first! (unless you have compacted the feathers to match the density and exact size of the brick)

Just say, it was pretty impressive

Jim

Common guys, the cg of the bike and center of mass is pretty much centered on his back, it's not like there's a big discrepancy from one end to the other, otherwise it'd be tipping to 1 side or the other. Is it more difficult than free weights? Sure, but not from a strength standpoint, but getting it centered up and balanced on his back w/o too much pain.

BTW, I'd rather hold a pound of feathers, makes a better pillow so when I got bored and wanted to take a nap, I'd be all set.

Drop your pound of bricks and pound of feathers off a building and I bet the brick hits the ground first! (unless you have compacted the feathers to match the density and exact size of the brick)

Jim

What about if the building is on the moon? :thumbsup:

photoshoped

Now, this is real strength:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkWFAscXVWA_sXaBy83unI7cLJ8X6vqy7COhmffxQCG0c-xfNOQ

I seen on a TWM video where Trey Canard's mec was washing his bike off at a outdoor nat and picked the bike up like it was a suitcase so mud would not get on the tires....I thought that was pretty strong stuff........

Yeah. A pound is a pound. Whether its lead or feathers. Do squads with weights resting on your neck and shoulders, then try it with the same weight but with your arms extended (like a weightlifter) bet you wont find it easy. Why does a weigtlifter start shaking as soon as he extends? Does he start with a pound of feathers and end with a pound of lead? Lol!

Yeah. A pound is a pound. Whether its lead or feathers. Do squads with weights resting on your neck and shoulders, then try it with the same weight but with your arms extended (like a weightlifter) bet you wont find it easy. Why does a weigtlifter start shaking as soon as he extends? Does he start with a pound of feathers and end with a pound of lead? Lol!

A pound is a pound when it's carried in the same location. When you extend your arms, you've added a lever (a force multiplier), that completely changes the load. Show me where the guy squatting the bike has added a lever to the equation that makes the carried load any different than a traditional bar.

I would like to see a video of someone squatting my old 84 XL600R!

This is pretty impressive

But pointless.......:thumbsup:

There are other aspects to it besides just the amount of pounds. Lifting 250 on a bar is a LOT different than lifting 250 on a bike. Lift the weight of your bike in weights and then go try to lift the bike. Takes a lot more strength to lift the bulky, off-balance, non-weight centered item. Drop your pound of bricks and pound of feathers off a building and I bet the brick hits the ground first! (unless you have compacted the feathers to match the density and exact size of the brick)

Just say, it was pretty impressive

Jim

Agree, though the weight isnt that impressive (I squat 340). Its the small stablizing muscles that are working in this video that amount to it being so impressive. I remember seeing a study on strength testing between a whole bunch of athletes and olympic gymnists had a huge pound for pound strength advantage because they require so much more of little muscles for balance and substainablity. It was really quite impressive to see these 130-190 pound guys wipe the floor with the huge football player.