Sign in to follow this  

200 exc or 250 exc

hey guys, was looking at buying either one of these bikes, i was thinking more the 200. any opinions of anyone whos ridden either? ive ridden a 300 and didn't like it, too much power for me and didnt like how much it vibrated. a 200 hundred would allow me to stay in the small bore class but i wouldnt mind going into opens if the 250 is a better bike.

im worried that the 250 might be just too much power for me that i wouldnt use,

but its not much heavier than the 200

does the 250 vibrate as much as the 300?

is it a little more tame? and is it as easy to throw arround as a 200?

im 16, 6'3, but very light, (about 145lb) and race enduro in australia, (tight and open stuff)

the 300 wasnt a bad bike its just that i didnt have fun riding it.

what do you guys think about the 200 and 250? :thumbsup:

nah i dont think the 250 is as easy to throw around as the 200, but the 250 has heaps more power down low and in the mid, but in my opinion the 200 is more "playful" and just fun to ride, but the 250 will get the job done easier.

nah i dont think the 250 is as easy to throw around as the 200, but the 250 has heaps more power down low and in the mid, but in my opinion the 200 is more "playful" and just fun to ride, but the 250 will get the job done easier.

yeh i think thats what im looking for in a bike, i think the 250 would be very similar to the 300, but the 200 is in a class of its own, i think i would probably have more fun on the 200, thanks for your input :thumbsup:

ride a 200 if you can and I believe all your questions about which bike you should ride will be answered.

The 250 and 300 are very similar bikes. The 250 does feel slightly lighter at speed and obviously the power delivery is a little different. The 200 has a completely different feel. So if you didn't like the 300...

I love how light my 200 is, haven't ridden the 250 but hear it has more low end. One reason I looked for a 200 is that less 200s are raced and beat up when buying used. I found my 200 that was a guy's wife that was ridden too hard.

My son is same size, same weight and races HS on a 200. He is a B class rider. He is convinced that he could ride the bike in the A class, but it wouldn't be enough bike to run in the Pro class

yeah i do think my sisters kdx is more fun to ride than my 250, but really enjoy my 250 for when i go up big steep hill climbs.

I am +50 off-road/mx rider with many years of riding experience. The 250XC feels very different than the 300XC to me. I did not like the 300XC at all. It wanted to jump out from under me in the slow tight loamy sections. I like the 250XC/XCW, but I don't get on the pipe enough to enjoy riding it as much as a 200. If you are big and strong, go with the 250 over the 200. If a 250 is not enough, then go with the 300. For slow trail riding, with hills, the 250 is way better than the 200. For all around play riding and racing, I very much prefer the 200. It is like a 125SX with allot more power everywhere, which I like. I like the XC trans better than the W trans on the 200. If there was allot of sand, or giant hills, or deep mud, I'd go with the 250. 11'250XC please! Can't wait to see the 12'250XCW.

Edited by Joe933xc200
typo