Sign in to follow this  

Pawn Stars destroys a Husky!

So did anyone else see Pawn Stars (History Channel) destroy an early 70's Husqvarna CR-400 this week? First of all, the bike was basically complete and just needed the routine restoration steps and they gave the guy $125 for it! Then the pawn shop gave it to a "custom shop" and they carved up the frame and made a BOBBER out of it. IDIOTS!

Steve McQueen rolled over in his grave when that happened. I thought they were going to take it to the guy the have do restos on all sorts of things, that guy is good at what he does. When they took it to that idiot car guy I knew nothing good was gonna come out of it. The only thing Husky after he was done with it was Corey and Chumlee.

I hope the TV producers put them up to that idea. "Do something really stupid!"

It's like having a painting restored... to be a "velvet Elvis".

Anyone want to bet that bike cannot be plated in Nevada?

That Husky needs a Viking funeral, burn it.

As a vintage racer friend pointed out.

On the plus side, that Husky will sit and sit and sit... Someday it will be sold for $200 and the new owner will take a good running engine from the frame and put it into a rolling chasis that needs a motor.

Corey said 2 things I'm still laughing about. First, he said the Husky was an enduro and WAS street legal. TOTALLY wrong. Then he compared the suspension of the Husky to todays current bikes. He said the current ones have 3 FEET of suspension travel!!!! He thinks he's pretty smart but he's a total dumbass. If he wasn't related to them, they'd fire his ass just for his attitude.

I wonder how time and time again Corey and Chumlee have a paycheck at the end of the week. I've seen Chumlee goofing off constantly and when he's not goofing off, he's destroying stuff. Corey is delusional most of the time.

The one good thing is this show is telling the public just how bad pawn shops low-ball people. I don't have a problem making a profit, but those guys run a huge mark up.

If you want to sell your stuff, eBay or CL is the way to go for a quick sale. If it's collectible, live specialty auctions are the ticket.

The show is completely scripted. I stopped there last week when in Vegas it is just a tourist trap with no real Pawn going on. No Chum, Rick, Hasse or Old man there.

I missed that episode but they did bring back a Rokon from the dead. Did a nice job on it too.

BTW, you want to see low-balling pawn TV? Check out Hardcore Pawn on TruTV. I think they're out of Detroit, you should see the crap people try to get rid of. :thumbsup:

Any pic of that Husky?

Unfortunately, I saw that episode as well, that kid is an idiot for "customizing" a classic Husky like that. He stated it would be only a niche market for that bike restored to original. Yeah, like everyones looking for a 2 stroke chopper...Idiot

I'm glad someone else saw that, sacralige I say. Dumbest idea they have had yet. It just made me sick to see what they did to the poor Husky. There awt to be a law!!!!! :thumbsup:

Im so glad someone else had seen that travesty. The thing needed only slight restoration and he low balled the shit out of the poor guy. Then to make it that pos bobber is just crazy. He thinks he knows so much about this stuff but he even forgets to put in gas, what an idiot.

I watch the show and couldn't believe they did what they did to that Husky. Corey was so off on all of his statements I was starting to wonder if he was just phoning it in and some producer was feeding him lines claiming the research was already done.

Compare that hatchet job to the great restoration the dad had done on the Rokon. Just a shame.

Ugh.....what did you expect from those guys. That car resto guy is and idiot. He ruined a Jaguar a few episodes back.

Okay fella's. Here is the before and after of the Pawn Stars Butchered Husky.

bikepics-2201932-full.jpg

bikepics-2201933-full.jpg

I watched the episode. That bike was rough but restorable for sure especially since it was running. I would have paid the $125 they paid in a heartbeat. Shame what they did to it. He said he was going to put that chopper in the shop for 20G too lol.

I watched the episode. That bike was rough but restorable for sure especially since it was running. I would have paid the $125 they paid in a heartbeat. Shame what they did to it. He said he was going to put that chopper in the shop for 20G too lol.
20G? is G the sign for Pesos?

It looks like the crap bikes Pep Boys sells for $500 made in china that I see on CL all the time which never seem to sell for $200.