93 KDX200 - general questions

Haven't had this thing too long and it ran GREAT the other week at an MX/Trail park (600+ acres or whatever I want to do land - Busco Beach, Goldsboro NC)

1: oil/gas mix

OK, this thing is smoking a crap load more then it seems it should I'm running 32:1 mixture (4oz --> 1 gal) of Lucal oil (even says non-smoking lol). Very much so a complete noob on this.

2: Parts 1

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out what this damn roller was by the chain...I find the part online and it just said chain roller. What the hell is the point of it?

3: Parts 2

The fuel switch. The words are gone on mine...roll lever down = fuel on, half way fuel off, up fuel reserve?

4: Anyone got a PDF document repair manual and owners manual?

Thanks!

Haven't had this thing too long and it ran GREAT the other week at an MX/Trail park (600+ acres or whatever I want to do land - Busco Beach, Goldsboro NC)

1: oil/gas mix

OK, this thing is smoking a crap load more then it seems it should I'm running 32:1 mixture (4oz --> 1 gal) of Lucal oil (even says non-smoking lol). Very much so a complete noob on this.

32:1 is correct, if it is smoking when warm, you either have worn mechanical parts, a jetting issue, or both.

2: Parts 1

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out what this damn roller was by the chain...I find the part online and it just said chain roller. What the hell is the point of it?

to keep the chain where it belongs when the suspension cycles, so the chain doesnt eat the airbox on a landing for example

3: Parts 2

The fuel switch. The words are gone on mine...roll lever down = fuel on, half way fuel off, up fuel reserve?

you got it

4: Anyone got a PDF document repair manual and owners manual?

not me, sry. you should really try to get a factory manual if you can find one

Thanks!

sure thing

Thanks a ton Sean! Definitely need to learn more about jetting as I've only had FI. I know this motor had a full on rebuild a couple years ago, so maybe it just needs a tuning.

Full on rebuild by who? Got receipts? A "rebuild" could mean many different things. For that bike leaking crank seals would not be a surprise. Do you know if main bearings and seals were replaced? Both E series KDX's I have procured were in need of them.

Definitely get a manual. It will be the most important tool you ever buy.