Sign in to follow this  

OEM or Wiseco

Here is my predicament , I can get OEM piston kit for my KX 450 2008 for almost the same price as an aftermarket Wiseco piston kit .

Which do I get ?

Before anybody tells me OEM are not good , I have done 330 hours on my OEM piston and havent opened the motor .

Only reason im doing the piston change now is I have to replace the inlet valves for the first time so I thought I may as well do the piston also .

Our KX450F is skirt coated and built on a dedicated forging to optimize the strength to weight ratio. We have standard and high compression, in case you wanted to add a little BARK to the bottom end! You can find more info at www.wiseco.com.

I just pulled my OEM '07 piston out after 175+ hours and the piston/rings were fine. The pin had the typical galling that you hear about..

I just replaced it with a std compression wiseco. No real difference besides that it runs a little crisper.

Our KX450F is skirt coated and built on a dedicated forging to optimize the strength to weight ratio. We have standard and high compression, in case you wanted to add a little BARK to the bottom end! You can find more info at www.wiseco.com.

I didn't realize we have a guy in Ohio that is a Wiseco Rep? I know you will be a little biased but I will ask anyway. Why should I buy Wiseco over JE, CP, or cosworth?

Can you also explain why I see so many failures with the Wiseco and Hotrods cranks (specifically big end bearings) as compared to oem?

Decided to get the Wiseco Piston kit , hope it lasts and works well .