Sign in to follow this  

Burnout Video....need some tips

I was wondering If any of you can give me some tips on burnouts. If you watch the front tire it slides even though I have the front brake all the way in. What am I doing wrong? Please don dislike the video....Thanks!

:thumbsup:

i dont understand why you want to do burnouts, I buy new knobbies each season so i dont spinout , but I guess each his own. Maybe wear your tire out first by riding on pavement, then it would spin easily. I think you should just pin the gas and dump the clutch. oh and hang on !!

Get farther up on the tank so more weight is on the front tire.

Get farther up on the tank so more weight is on the front tire.

this^^. also rev it higher and let the clutch out a little quicker so there's less chance of hookup.

i dont understand why you want to do burnouts, I buy new knobbies each season so i dont spinout , but I guess each his own. Maybe wear your tire out first by riding on pavement, then it would spin easily. I think you should just pin the gas and dump the clutch. oh and hang on !!

+1

I totally agree!! :thumbsup:

this^^. also rev it higher and let the clutch out a little quicker so there's less chance of hookup.

yea what they said like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXMxG0A1Yo

You dont need to hold the brake. Do it like you were starting a race. Here is something to start with.....Sit far forward on the bike, pull clutch and shift into 1st, pull throttle wide open and just before you hit the rev limiter dump the clutch. Dont be afraid to wind it up a bit, but dont ride around on the rev limiter and you will be fine.

Your vid was funny. Follow these steps.

1. Fill the tank with gas = full tank

2. keep slight hold on front break

3. sit up high on the tank near the tank cap.

3. give 75% throttle

4. slowly let out the clutch while keeping the throttle at 75%

5. your tire will began to spin

6. once tire is spinning give full throttle and let off the front break (gate drop)

7. keep your weight foward with your feet on the pegs

8. Never let your feet go behind your body

that is what a gate start is like.

You will need to practice this and you may loop the bike a few times but you will definatly burn out

Thanks for the tips. And once again guys....please dont dislike the vid!!! Thanks.

Thanks for the tips. And once again guys....please dont dislike the vid!!! Thanks.

Why are you so concerned with disliking the video. The more you say it the more people will probably do it

that was half decent, im 26 just got my first bike 03 yz250 smoker, got confident after a few hours on my first ride and tried to do a brakestand in a sand pit, didnt end well... not sure what i did wrong but the tire grabbed bike flew up in the air and landed on me, thanks to me being half buried in the sand i walked away unscathed :thumbsup: also wasnt even wearing my boots so someone was lookin out for me, first bike couldnt ride with the stiff boots but after that i wont ride without em dont wanna chance it again.

the more u tell people to not do something.....the more they want to do it...and will

I want my 22 seconds back :confused:

Burnouts are for burnouts....proves zero, & i don't see the fun in rvvin a bike out for no reason, & chewing up your drive train.

Go bust some berms, & ask for pointers :thumbsup: