another carb thread

Ok so i finally got the a/s carb for my 02' cr250.

finally got the old one off and put the a/s on.

now i need ur help...

i need help adjusting the mix ratio screw, and the idle screw.

when im riding with the throttle open and all the sudden take my hand off the gas, the bike seems to wanna jump a few times then idle normal again...

if u have the same carb/bike can u eith take a pic of ur carb or atleast tell me how many turns of each screw for it to run properly.

Going to the track tomorrow with a friend and i hope to get it runnging properly by then..

p.s. ill be trying to get running by tweaking it as we speak

the idle should be a black screw on the outside of the slide about the same place as your old one and air is in the same place. i don't know what jetting you have or what a 02 needs but try 1 1/2 out from full in on the air screw and adjust the idle so the bike idles as low as you can stand it to, some people don't like it to idle at all whitch will help to stop what you decribe and some people like thier's to idle up pretty good, just go from there and see what u can come up with.

when im riding with the throttle open and all the sudden take my hand off the gas, the bike seems to wanna jump a few times then idle normal again...

if u have the same carb/bike can u eith take a pic of ur carb or atleast tell me how many turns of each screw for it to run properly.

Going to the track tomorrow with a friend and i hope to get it runnging properly by then..

First, is your carb new or old? What condition is it in if it's old?

Reason being, it could be something mechanical that's sticking, like a worn out slide or bent jet needle, or gunk here and there keeping the throttle from closing. These two things will cause the motor to hiccup. So you first have to be certain that there's nothing interfering with the throttle mechanically.

the carb is brand new

thank you so much guys, i just went and did the 1 1/2 out from all the way in, my god! what a difference. Runs amazing!

now should i set it up to idle or not?

yes i would set it so it idles low just enough to keep it from stalling when you pull the clutch in going into corners. it does not need to idle like a car or set there for a long time idleing, just enough to keep it running, if its not enough and you keep stalling idle it up some more. it does not hurt anything to idle but remember it is a race bike and not ment to just sit around idleing but on the other hand the idle screw is there for the people who may need it to idle to suite thier riding style. warm it up set it to idle low and give it a try if it works for you great if not adjust it so it does.

Do you remember where was the air screw set before you adjusted it?

Good luck and hapy riding.