Sign in to follow this  

Which helmet cam?

Hi ladies, I am relatively new to this forum. Nice to see so many women interesting in dirt bikes. I am looking into purchasing a helmet cam. Which one is better the GoPro or The Vhold contour 1080 and why? Just looking for some input, I am NOT techy savy so want the simplest one to operate and mount to either helmet or handlebars. I see all the wonderful vids but no one says what type of cam they are using. Any input would be great appreciated.

I have seen both of these brands in use and seen videos from them, but it seems like most folks use the Go Pro. I have based my decision to buy one on that observation, and the fact that they are reasonably priced. I didn't go for the super high resolution model because of the cost, and because most websites that host videos don't go that high anyway. I think that the sound comes out a little more clear on the Go Pro VS the Contour.

I use the GoPro HD and love it. I had the original GoPro, GoPro wide and a Contour and found the GoPro is way more durable than the Contour :thumbsup:

The GoPro also has more uses than the Contour and the GoPro will take a single pic, 3 pic burst or pics every 5 to 20 seconds depending on the timing you set.

Here is one of my GoPro HD vids

http://www.vimeo.com/22919514

I use Vimeo.com for my vids as they are way better for HD videos :confused:

I bought my husband the GoPro Hero for Christmas. We've only used it a few times but it's quite simple. I have a harder time editing photos.....need to find some easier to use software I think, lol. Oh, and we've been happy with the quality as well although the audio isn't fabulous (we've had the solid back on it thoguh).

I bought my husband the GoPro Hero for Christmas. We've only used it a few times but it's quite simple. I have a harder time editing photos.....need to find some easier to use software I think, lol. Oh, and we've been happy with the quality as well although the audio isn't fabulous (we've had the solid back on it thoguh).

Here's what I use... works well :confused:

http://www.avs4you.com/

I also have the Sony Vegas editing software but use the AVS more as it's easier :thumbsup:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro

Thanks Debi! I'll check it out. I find the Windows editor a bit awkward so maybe this will be better.

Thanks Debi! I'll check it out. I find the Windows editor a bit awkward so maybe this will be better.

YVW :thumbsup:

yeah the windows editor is a pain as you have to convert the video before you can edit. The AVS editor you can just edit as well as set the aspect ratio (for wide screen)