Sign in to follow this  

Who makes the best levers?

I was at the dealer picking up some small parts the other day and on my way out I spotted a used YZ450F they had for sale. I was looking over it and I noticed the levers looked real nice.

They were kind of gold borwn-ish colored and about half the length of the stock ones. They were real clean looking and the "balls" on the ends were flat on the top and bottom(like a sphere that had the top and bottom chopped off). They might have even been machined instead of cast. I'd like to pick up a set, but I have no idea who makes them. Any ideas?

While we're talking levers, who makes the best ones? I'd like to replace the old bent up ones that came with the bike and I like the idea of ones that are shorter.

I have ASV's they are awesome. I bought them because they have a good reputation and are unbreakable. They make shorty versions I believe. I don't really care whether they are long or short though, as long as I can work them they are fine for me.

You know, those might actually be the ones I saw. I'll look into them, thanks!

It might have been these, just cause you mentioned the color...

http://www.sixsixone.com/v1-mdx.aspx

My brother has them, they are super nice and pull smooth.

The color is close, but the profile is wrong. I also don't think they are the ASV ones anymore... Maybe I should swing by there again and check out who made them:bonk:

Go to one of the big name parts suppliers website like motosport or the TT store and go to the lever section and see if you recognize any of the ones they show

Blast, just went through all the levers in both catalogs on TT, and checked motorsport. This is driving my crazy.

It MIGHT be the C6 shown on motorsport, but they don't have the color... Not that I care about the color, it's just that it was different so it would identify the brand.

Also, it's funny how ASV's site doesn't even list the C6 model...

They didn't have the holes in them. And the color wasn't really a gold or yellow it was more desaturated, like tan-yellow-gray-ish.

It probably doesn't matter that much anymore, but not knowing is killing me:bonk:

Edit, the color was closer to these, only more gery... IIRC they were also kind of matte colored, if that helps. http://www.sixsixone.com/v1-mdx.aspx

the sunline v1 mdx unbreakables are awesome. there not quite as short as the asv shorty and i do prefer short levers but there still pretty good. i have break and clutch ones. the clutch is so good. smoother and lighter pull. the break lever has a funny bend in them at the base and it makes them so comfy. there way cheaper than asv aswell. i love them and strongly recomend them to every one

Cool, thanks. I'm still thinking about running into town today just to satisfy my curiosity. If the dealer doesn't know what they are, I'll report back with pictures.

the mystery is solved! They are Zeta levers! Turns out I was completely wrong about the color, too, they were sort of titanium colored:bonk: I don't know how I managed to get it in my head they were gold-ish, maybe because the fork tubes were that color...?

Whatever though. They look and feel real nice, and are slightly cheaper than the ASV ones so I think I'll pick some up.

zetas arnt that good. my mate has them in the same colour as you mentioned and they bend real easy. not as easy as stock ones tho. i still say sunline as they go up and down as well. zetas just go out

zetas arnt that good. my mate has them in the same colour as you mentioned and they bend real easy. not as easy as stock ones tho. i still say sunline as they go up and down as well. zetas just go out

Make your perch loose enough and the levers can rotate around the bar on impact which helps save them from breaking.

based on your first description and the fact that you're in Idaho, chances are that the levers you saw were made in Idaho. It sounds like these were them: http://www.factorymrc.com/

They're made in Nampa. I had a set on my prior bike, which I got when they first started playing with the idea a few years ago. Haven't used them since they started producing them publicly though, but the original pair I had was great.