Sign in to follow this  

showa shock

I know there's probably been thread like this already made, but I couldn't find my answer. I am changing out the oil in my shock and I already have the bladder out the nitrogen released the compression and rebound to full soft. The trouble I am having is I can't get the assembly out. I've tried wiggling it out but its stuck in there pretty good.

I don't know if it matters but I adjusted the compression and rebound before I removed the nitrogen. Anyone?

I often use a lever, braced on the reservoir (with some spacers) to pull the main piston

i put the clevis in a soft jaw vice then tap the shock off using a soft hammer.

Alright ill try those two things, I didn't know if anyone else has had the same problem

Are you trying to get the compression adjuster or the shock shaft out? If it's the compression adjuster(which the wording of your post makes it sound to be), make sure its unscrewed all the way, and then you can very carefully add a few psi to the bladder with a hand pump (not a compressor) while working the adjuster back and forth and it will help push it out. Just be sure you DO NOT use more than 2-3psi and DO NOT have it pointed towards your face or anyone else. It may spray some fluid, so goggles and having a rag over it are a good idea. If it's the actual shock shaft with the piston, the link above is a good idea. Just make sure the compression adjuster and bladder are removed before trying to pull the shock apart or it will likely create a vacuum and work against you.

Are you trying to get the compression adjuster or the shock shaft out? If it's the compression adjuster(which the wording of your post makes it sound to be), make sure its unscrewed all the way, and then you can very carefully add a few psi to the bladder with a hand pump (not a compressor) while working the adjuster back and forth and it will help push it out. Just be sure you DO NOT use more than 2-3psi and DO NOT have it pointed towards your face or anyone else. It may spray some fluid, so goggles and having a rag over it are a good idea. If it's the actual shock shaft with the piston, the link above is a good idea. Just make sure the compression adjuster and bladder are removed before trying to pull the shock apart or it will likely create a vacuum and work against you.

Yeah the wording did sound like the compression adjuster, but I was talking about the shock shaft, thanks for the help :thumbsup: