Sign in to follow this  

Washington Wenatchee Folks

I just switched jobs to the Wenatchee area and my wife and I are looking at buying a house in the area. Seems there are quite a few newish houses on the market. Anyone have any bad experiences with any specific builders? I've heard a rumor or two about a specific builder but I'm trying to get some more concrete info. Any help would be appreciated.

Chad

A local home inspector or appraiser would be a very good source of unbiased information

I am Washington state home Inspector. I can tell you the best way to inspect a home is with infrared thermography the builders really can't hide anything anymore now that inspectors can see through walls and spot missing insulation and or water migration that a normal visual inspection wouldn't be able to catch. I would recommend finding one in your area that uses that technology as most inspectors can't afford or don't believe in infrared

Edited by TE4ME
stupid

I am Washington state home Inspector. I can tell you the best way to inspect a home is with infrared thermography the builders really can't hide anything anymore now that inspectors can see through walls and spot missing insulation and or water migration that a normal visual inspection wouldn't be able to catch. I would recommend finding one in your area that uses that technology as most inspectors can't afford or don't believe in infrared

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I see a job opertunity there. Wheres a good place, brand, etc for a infrared setup?

ETA, sorry about the hijack

A local home inspector or appraiser would be a very good source of unbiased information

I had intended to do so, I was just seeing if there were any specific issues anyone has had regarding new home construction in the area.

I'll have to take a look at inspectors and try to find one with infrared.

Dunno if Randy has IR equipment or not, but I do know that he takes his inspections seriously, is diligent and works only for the potential buyer, not the real estate agent. I have seen this get him in some trouble since he is only interested in getting the buyer good information about the house regardless of how that affects the sale. His phone number at Professional Home Inspections is 509/662-0733. Tell him Troy sent you.

Troy341

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I see a job opertunity there. Wheres a good place, brand, etc for a infrared setup?

ETA, sorry about the hijack

Flir makes the best with fluke being a close second. The cameras are becoming more affordable as demand has increased, my boss paid $60,000 for a highend model years ago that was made to inspect the hulls of yachts i consider this overkill you don't need that for residential wood framed buildings just a base model flir i3 IMO. I have a friend at the woodinville Platt Electic (425) 489-0849 Jay Slavin < this guy can get the best prices on flir stuff