DR650 Brake rotor and tire options

I have a DR650 2009. I have an extra set of wheels front and back. Brakes, hubs, everything. I am looking to run a pure street tire on one set of wheels and off road (D606) on the other wheel set.

I will be replacing the rotors on one set of wheels and I am wondering if anyone has used a wave rotor....which one and where do you get them and MOST importantly, are they worth it?

Otherwise, What rotors are worth getting and what PURE STREET tire is the best option for me as I need a TUBE with the tire? or can I run a tubeless street tire if the size is right?

Any other considerations that I should be thinking about?

Well..Any help will be greatly appreciated

Z

Try a Shinko 705. They are great road tires labled as "dual sport" with deep enough grooves to channel water and light dirt. I have a second set of wheels myself with D606s. Its best to have a road tire that can handle gravel roads, grass and dirt roads if needed just in case you get in to a pinch and have to vear off the pavement. I'm over 4 k miles on my rear 705 and it still has another 1000 left. The front looks as new. I use tubes even though these are tubeless. I don't think it will hold air on a wheel with spokes.

I have a DR650 2009. I have an extra set of wheels front and back. Brakes, hubs, everything. I am looking to run a pure street tire on one set of wheels and off road (D606) on the other wheel set.

Same set-up I used to have :thumbsup: For pure street, try the Bridgestone BT45. Grind peg with confidence. You'll need to run tubes, unless you seal your spoked rim or use system like tubliss (I don't think they work for our rim width /size).

VID00374%5B011%5D.jpg

I will be replacing the rotors on one set of wheels and I am wondering if anyone has used a wave rotor....which one and where do you get them and MOST importantly, are they worth it?

Galfer makes wave rotor for DR650 in stock size (Kientech has them). I've never run them, because I'm cheap. I went with the EBC route.

For price per peg grind, the BT-45s are hard to beat.

what kind of mileage are you guys getting out of the BT45s?

Mine were only used on a mini-motard race bike, so we wore the sides long before the center, but I could easily get a full season out of them. Including practice, endurance, and sprint races that would about 40 hours of racing.

OK...

So EBC brake rotors are cheaper and work fine.

Street tires (BT45) so long as the size fits my rim will work with a tube...

And the brake rotor on each set of wheels wont be too bad on the brake pads rotor to rotor?

What about the CUSH drive should those be "per wheel set as well"?

Thanks guys

Z

OK...

So EBC brake rotors are cheaper and work fine.

Street tires (BT45) so long as the size fits my rim will work with a tube...

And the brake rotor on each set of wheels wont be too bad on the brake pads rotor to rotor?

What about the CUSH drive should those be "per wheel set as well"?

Thanks guys

Z

I am looking for more stopping power on the front end, will the EBC rotor out perform the stock front disc?

I am looking to change out pads, I use the front brake like 99.99% of the time.