Can someone link me to the washer mod?

I can't find the washer mod explained. On the last ttr my wife had I did all the other mods just based on experience, but then bought an FMF exhaust. We just bought an 'extra' bike for our lady friends to ride in the dirt and want to add on the washer mod, but cannot find it. The carb and aribox are done.

Thanks,

Strick

Can't find a recent thread to link to, but it's pretty simple. 3 washers that fit the screws on the end of silencer. We've used lock washers to make sure it wouldn't rattle off.

-Kerry

if your talking about the fork springs (preloading them) just take off one fork cap, find a washer (or washers), or similar shaped spacer material that wont fall apart under the rigers of riding and that will fit inside the fork leg (not so small it will shift and fall in) and not so large it will damage your fork tube, stack them the same height for each leg and load them in... all your doing is squishing the springs down a little more under the bikes own weight. the reason you do this is because stock springs are "progressive" meaning they start off soft and get stiff as the forks continue to compress, so by adding preload (washers) you use up part of the soft spring travel, and hurry along the stiffer part of the spring...

Can't find a recent thread to link to, but it's pretty simple. 3 washers that fit the screws on the end of silencer. We've used lock washers to make sure it wouldn't rattle off.

-Kerry

Thanks, I thought so. I just got done doing just that before I read your post. I also drilled some add'l relief holes in the arrestor (inner) cap and one in the middle of the muffler between the 3 barrels. RUNS FANTASTIC, with the jetting and airbox mod I performed!

I would like to clarify just a little, the washers going on the inside to space the baffle out from the exhaust a little? and the airbox mod being a hole in the top?

thanks for your time