Sign in to follow this  

2011 crf450 no spark

my brother bought a 2011 2 weeks ago and its been running great. he when to start it this morning and i wouldnt do anything. even pulled it with a quad to pop start it and still nothing. pulled plug and no spark what so ever can hold my finger on the plug and nothing. any ideas for things to check would be apretiated. thanks in advance.

ended up being a fouled spark plug the mechanic where he bought it says they foul very easily which doesnt make seince to me being a fuel injected four stroke. but so people know in the future if they have a similar problem put a new plug in and it started right up.

ended up being a fouled spark plug the mechanic where he bought it says they foul very easily which doesnt make seince to me being a fuel injected four stroke. but so people know in the future if they have a similar problem put a new plug in and it started right up.

This is gonna sound nuts but, he did only get the bike 2 weeks ago.

Has he been starting it to hear it/rev it than turning it off often? I think we are all guilty of this sometimes, especially with a sweet new bike.

That will foul a plug on anything

this isnt his first bike so no he doesnt just start it to hear it run. weather or not he just made a few short trips or not i dont know he lives just up the road from me and he does ride it back and forth every now and then, i dont know what caused it just happy its running for him.

and he does have some time on it id say between 5 and 10 hours so its not brand spanking new.

I have 60 hrs on my 2011 and never a problem with the plug, however the bike has never started from cold in less than 4 kicks.