Pic Request - underside of your Seat Concepts seat ?

My cover arrived with a lot of extra material (really tall sides).

Can someone post a few pictures of what their completed seat looks like on the underside ? I'm curious about how much I should trim off and making additional cuts & folds.

Thanks

google new seat on the market thumpertalk or search TT new seat on the market, lots of good info and pic's you're looking for.

ok here https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896811

ya, I've already been through all 30 pages on that thread and there's not 1 picture of the underside showing how people chose to trim and fold the extra material.

there was ....... i used it as my model, exactly as you want. guess it was removed.

I stapled mine with 1/4in ss staples, as close to the original ones position as i could, then like bullaculla says cut excess about 1in away, not in the way of the rubber blocks.

Personally, if i was in the US, i would have sent them the pan, 20 bucks for them to install is a good deal, imo.

Personally, if i was in the US, i would have sent them the pan, 20 bucks for them to install is a good deal, imo.

Definitely

I just bit the bullet and stapled and chopped, turned out pretty good.

I'd still rather have spent the $20 and had it done by a pro ?

My cover arrived with a lot of extra material (really tall sides).

Can someone post a few pictures of what their completed seat looks like on the underside ? I'm curious about how much I should trim off and making additional cuts & folds.

Thanks

Once you get it completely stapled on and are happy with the results just cut off the the extra material with scissors , leave a little extra past the staples. Does not have to be pretty just well secured.

DSC00015-1.jpg

I paid the local upholstery guy $40 to put mine on, don't think I have seen any underside pics, mine is stock height, got mine when they first came out, been a while but this is the best mod to date bar none, I ride on the seat even offroad, 5'8", about 195 pounds, so much more tolerable to ride the bike now, even if you pay someone else to do it for you still worth the price

Once you get it completely stapled on and are happy with the results just cut off the the extra material with scissors , leave a little extra past the staples. Does not have to be pretty just well secured.

DSC00015-1.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

Ya, the install was pretty straight forward.