CRF100F/cradle/swingarm?

Just picked up a leftover '08 CRF100F for my son. Have a couple of questions. On the right side of the swing-arm there is a factory hole about 3/4 inches round. It is open...should there be a rubber or plastic plug for that hole? If so I'll get it from the dealer soon.

From my brief reading on this forum, it sounds like a frame cradle should be one of the first things on the list to mod.

Any other pointers/words of knowledge about these bikes that I should know?

Thanks,

JP

That hole in the swing arm is open on my 2002 XR100. If you get down and look at it, it’s a piece of tube welded in it, so mud/dirt/water can’t get inside the swing arm, if that’s your concern. As for the frame cradle, it’s not needed IMO unless you’re planning to jump the bike a lot. For an every day trail rider / play bike, all the frame cradle does is add weight and empty your wallet.

Keep the oil on the full mark, and change it every third tank of gas and it will last you a long time.

That hole in the swing arm is open on my 2002 XR100. If you get down and look at it, it’s a piece of tube welded in it, so mud/dirt/water can’t get inside the swing arm, if that’s your concern. As for the frame cradle, it’s not needed IMO unless you’re planning to jump the bike a lot. For an every day trail rider / play bike, all the frame cradle does is add weight and empty your wallet.

Keep the oil on the full mark, and change it every third tank of gas and it will last you a long time.

Thanks so much. Yes I was concerned about water/mud getting trapped in the swingarm.